Vortex keepstelling me it's looking for a file in Skyrim(masterlist). but it doesn't exsist....help!!

Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

so I have started to mod again and I own the Skyrim SE from Steam edition.

I have the latest version of Vortex. 

it keeps telling my that there is no "masterlist" available. I already ran the game once to see if it creates it, but it doesn't.

second problem: I downloaded and installed Skyrim Scriptextender and it SHOWS that it is installed and enabled, but in the Dashboard earea of Vortex, down at the Tools section, it still shows scriptextender as not being there....

ugh, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I even followed the video on thee dashboard about how to install tools....

help!!

• Solution

The master list message usually occurs when something on your PC prevents Vortex from talking to GitHub. Check your firewall/anti-virus settings. 

As for the deployment problem. Check the notifications in Vortex for advice on how to fix the issue. I suspect you've got the game and mod staging folder on different hard drives. 

1 hour ago, scruffywolf720 said:

One more question..

Do mods have to be installed in a certain order?

How would I do that in Vortex?

One of the benefits of Vortex is that the install order doesn't matter. If you need to adjust which mod overwrites then Vortex can change that at any time regardless of which order the mods got installed. 

On 2/27/2024 at 12:33 AM, Pickysaurus said:

The master list message usually occurs when something on your PC prevents Vortex from talking to GitHub. Check your firewall/anti-virus settings. 

well it's doing the same thing again, failed to load masterlist and uselist...

it seems to do this every other time that I start the game, or rather every other time i load up Vortex.

I deleted the masterlist and it still giving me that error.....what am I doing wrong??

On 2/27/2024 at 12:33 AM, Pickysaurus said:

well I let Vortex go thru on Windows firewall settings...so I don't know what the problem is anymore...