(RESOLVED)"Place Everywhere" mod may be broken

NextTurnLeft

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED AND PLACE EVERYWHERE NOW WORKS FLAWLESSLY. THANKS TO MULTIPLE PEOPLE FOR THE ADVICE.

Back in Spring 2023 I got into a lot more settlements more for Fallout 4 and one I wanted to use was Place Everywhere which basically meant build whatever the hell you want anywhere you want. Simply dosent work. I try again almost a year later now. Same thing. It absolutely frusturates me because ive done so much to try and get it to work but to no avail.

Mod list while testing place everywhere - place everywhere(duh), start me up(dont have to worry about pre-war scene taking time) unofficial fallout 4 patch, and F4SE(required to help Place Everywhere run)

I have followed the installation list and everything seems to be where they should be in the data file folders. I even used the F8 hotbar key as said in the description to "enable place everywhere" mode but nothing happens. Im not sure if I had to change a specific thing in one of the mod's notepad files.

I know its an ancient mod and hasnt been updated since 2019, but ive heard from the posts category on the mod that people have managed to get it working to this day. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by NextTurnLeft

Are you launching the game through F4SE and not the regular FO4 launcher?  Also make sure there is a place.ini file in the F4SE/plugins folder.  Apart from that, not sure why else you might be having issues.  It's essential for me and I can't play without it.

2 hours ago, Ondrea said:

Are you launching the game through F4SE and not the regular FO4 launcher?  Also make sure there is a place.ini file in the F4SE/plugins folder.  Apart from that, not sure why else you might be having issues.  It's essential for me and I can't play without it.

I just double click on the desktop icon or sometimes through steam to launch fallout 4. I didnt even know it was possible to launch through the script extender. How do I do that?

I have mine set up to launch through Mod Organizer but if you're not using any mod manager, the F4SE files should be in the same folder as the Fallout4.exe.  In order to use any mods requiring F4SE, you will always have to launch with the f4se_loader.exe.

• 4 weeks later...

edit: Launching a game with F4SE mods dosent fully function from the normal launcher by clicking the F4 desktop icon or the steam play button, but strangely enough entering local files and launcing with the f4se loader works perfectly. Not sure why, but just to be safe I'll stay with that.