ASSERTION FAILED ERROR When Launching Starfield From SFSE

Keelo6969

After I click on on SFSE I get the error message ASSERTION FAILURE       in file 'hook_api.cpp'            in function 'hookfunction'      on line  '17'      message  'false && "minhook failed to hook function"'  ...any help is very much appreciated   

I haven't updated yet but both sfse_loader.exe and the .dll must be in the folder where Starfield.exe is, and make sure to launch the game with sfse_loader.exe.

And.. so there really is a new update. I've received some posts about an update but "Starfield | Official Website | Bethesda.net" doesn't tell anything.. oh wonderful....

I just started rebuilding the script extender plugins, will analyze the EXE later. The only info I could find is this: "A small hotfix has just been released to address an issue occasionally causing certain quests to disable, preventing players from continuing those quest lines." It wasn't the first patch for occasionally "softlocking" quests though. One way or another, this issue always shows up, story manager's alias fill code bug, dialogue input bug, conventional quests scripting errors.. 🙂 

Yep SFSE loader and .DLL file in the Starfield Dir (where) Starfield,exe is located)... Have posted on the SFSE Mod page too and there are a couple other people with the same issue, since the update I believe.  Thx again.

I'm currently testing the plugins and the new version in general and vanilla SFSE doesn't appear to have a project file "hook_api.cpp" and by a quick Windows Explorer search, the error line "minhook failed to hook function" isn't present in any of its files. Are you sure it's not caused by an outdated SFSE plugin? Move the files from ..\Starfield\Data\SFSE\Plugins to another folder and try to launch the game through sfse_loader.exe. (For me SFSE v0.2.4 works without issues).

Edited by LarannKiar

Found the issue, few other people on another thread had same issue.  You be right...mod not working.  "Better Console - something simething" installed with vortex..disabled it and loads up fine now...thx for all your help..Cheers!