Vortex (1.10.8) still adds unnecessary file overwrites

Dlizzio

tuM0xR9.png

Removed all mods in this list to remove all file overwrites. Re-installed the mods. Then once I add 1 file overwrite and deploy, these thousands of file overwrites pop up again.

I am creating a nexus collection. Also it would be nice to add a vertical scroll bar to this window because there was so much added I cannot scroll to see all of them.

Hi there!

As HellFreezer said - the terminology is important in this case - you're having an issue with redundant _overrides_ + the collection tab is not scroll-able which we will fix in a future hotfix release.

Just wanted to say that we're not ignoring your forum post - we're actively working on fixing this. Sorry for not replying sooner.

6 hours ago, Nagev said:

Hi there!

As HellFreezer said - the terminology is important in this case - you're having an issue with redundant _overrides_ + the collection tab is not scroll-able which we will fix in a future hotfix release.

Just wanted to say that we're not ignoring your forum post - we're actively working on fixing this. Sorry for not replying sooner.

Yes this is it. Thanks for the reply!

• 1 month later...

Is this related to my experience where deploy will result in the dialogue for save changes/revert/ use newer appearing for mods I never edit, specifically it seems, psc source code files.  I have some mods that edit the same files, I choose the conflict winner and I keep getting asked on the next deploy.

diziet

32 minutes ago, dizietemblesssma said:

Is this related to my experience where deploy will result in the dialogue for save changes/revert/ use newer appearing for mods I never edit, specifically it seems, psc source code files.  I have some mods that edit the same files, I choose the conflict winner and I keep getting asked on the next deploy.

diziet

No. No dialogue boxes will appear for me. It just is not dong what it is supposed to do.

After the latest update, this still has not been fixed. It keeps adding hundreds of file overwrites. Deployed files are not deployed when file overwrites are chosen they are just deleted.

Hi there, sorry for taking so long to respond - been a busy couple of weeks. That being said, please do tag/ping me on Discord where I'm far more active (nagev_) - I usually have to rely on our community managers to ping me when something pops up on the forums.

OR better yet, opening a Github ticket under https://www.github.com/nexus-mods/vortex/issues will ensure your issue is properly tracked and you can view our progress as we investigate the issues.

1.11.x should've indeed fixed all file override issues and we've received confirmation from other users that it does so. @Dlizzio can you please send me a friend request on Discord so we can debug your environment in realtime or open up a ticket with your log files and application state attached.

- .log files can be found in `%appdata%/vortex`

- state can be generated through Vortex's Settings Page -> Workarounds Tab -> create backup and save the .json file anywhere.

Please note that your state may contain information that you don't want to share with other users, which is why I suggested we do this in private on Discord.

Nagev