Forum Style Update - 27/03/2024

Pickysaurus

The rollback option is only temporary. It'll be removed at some point provided there are no breaking issues. I'm not sure if you guys have specific visual requirements but the white is a very dull colour to me. 

You'll probably want to use a browser extension to customise the colours if it's that bad for you. So far it seems that this is a fairly isolated problem. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

The rollback option is only temporary. It'll be removed at some point provided there are no breaking issues. I'm not sure if you guys have specific visual requirements but the white is a very dull colour to me. 

You'll probably want to use a browser extension to customise the colours if it's that bad for you. So far it seems that this is a fairly isolated problem. 

Besides just being nearsighted I have no special eye issues. edit: so at most 30% (and rising) of the world's population, and depending if they stay on the site long enough to allow the discomfort or if modders who are willing or not willing to push through the discomfort to post a mod. I never said we were a majority but even if this causes discomfort to 5% of your modder base, you should consider a less high contrast compromise. It seems more silly to tell even a small percent of your modder base to figure it out instead of a compromise for colour scheme theme. We are not asking for a rainbows and unicorns theme, it is actual physical pain causing at prolonged periods of time. It is sad to even have to explain that over and over again. 

This is not good between the beta and the new forum colour theme. Sorry, if feedback means nothing to nexus staff; then no, I won't just get an browser extension (at that point it is about the principle). I use dark mode on every site I go on these are the first ultra high contrast eye hurts I have gotten. I can avoid the forums but not the main site and already a handful of people reported the high contrast hurting their eyes in beta. Why should I help bring in money to a company that thinks their change that causes some of us physical pain thinks that you/we can figure it out with an extension. It feels like a lack of respect.

Sorry to sound unreasonable but it is the fact you/nexus has decided with no regard for waiting for more feedback, or a we'll consider it mentally, really peeves me off. 

Edited by HollownessDevoured
  • Like 2

You know the sad and funny thing is, if staff just said "we'll consider it after we get more feedback" and actually never did. I would have been content enough knowing you are considering it, let the site hurt my eyes for weeks and maybe months before I'd give up and just quietly leave or stop modding cause it is too hard on me. But because of the blatant disregard and lack of empathy boils my blood, hence, my loud campaigning and complaining about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HollownessDevoured said:

I never said we were a majority but even if this causes discomfort to 5% of your modder base, you should consider a less high contrast compromise.

Indeed, I've never been overly prone to eyestrain myself.  The new forum theme is literally the first time a website has given me eyestrain that quickly.

I'm going to keep pushing back on this too.  Unless the Nexus devs really want people visiting the forums less...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AaronOfMpls said:

Indeed, I've never been overly prone to eyestrain myself.  The new forum theme is literally the first time a website has given me eyestrain that quickly.

I'm going to keep pushing back on this too.  Unless the Nexus devs really want people visiting the forums less...

Well, I don't think they'd be opposed to me being here less LOL

I may be a loud melodramatic squeaky wheel but I actually just want reasonable amount of respect and comfort. Especially, if they are going to at least pretend they want feedback.

Nexus probably won't be overly affected if people just leave out of discomfort, most might not even say anything just be on the site less and less and then stop coming. But the silent majority are users/viewers not modders providing the free product, why risking losing any of them; if you don't have to, especially over colour contrast.

• Like 3

Thanks for adding the button link!  It may be easier to just have one button though, since all the buttons lead back to the same exact place "About Me".

@Pickysaurus Is it out of the question (now or in the future) for Nexus to offer options on the color scheme?  Dark and Lighter?

I''m looking for an extension for EDGE if anyone knows of one let me know.

EDIT:  Found a color/font theme changer, StyleBot.  It works with EDGE, CHROME, FIREFOX.  Will be a chore to make customization though.

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry to hear the rollback option is only temporary and that no theme options will be offered going forward.

No, I do not have any specific visual requirements and I would not expect a forum to accomodate that if I did. Some of the text is a duller white, true, but the majority - sub forum titles, thread titles - are stark white and bold against a now blacker background and it's uncomfortable.

I enjoy cruising this forum and I try to be helpful when I can but I think I'll be limiting my visits.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Pickysaurus.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NexBeth said:

Thanks for adding the button link!  It may be easier to just have one button though, since all the buttons lead back to the same exact place "About Me".

@Pickysaurus Is it out of the question (now or in the future) for Nexus to offer options on the color scheme?  Dark and Lighter?

I''m looking for an extension for EDGE if anyone knows of one let me know.

EDIT:  Found a color/font theme changer, StyleBot.  It works with EDGE, CHROME, FIREFOX.  Will be a chore to make customization though.

Though I still believe a compromise is a better option, thank you for sharing for those willing to make the effort.

More information and options are better than less but I just wonder if it would be too cumbersome for most X /

• Like 1