NPC Schedule Time Lag

I have dealt with this issue many times now.  You simply can't force this game to AI actors that are not in the same cell as the player and expect immediate results.  The "No high level processing" flag is pretty much meaningless. 

Two examples of this are the merchants Rohssan of the IC (who generally open after 8:45 AM) and Falanu Hlaalu of Skingrad (who usually opens after 10:30 AM). There is not reason for either to not open at 8:00, except for the fact that the game will just leave them somewhere else until it magically decides to put them where they belong.

To get around that, I put scripts on their front doors that does a MoveTo command to stick them in their shops, unlock the front door, and and then activate the door again so that I can go on in as if they had been open all along.

The other most annoying NPC is the count of Skingrad.  There is nothing that prevents him from showing up a lot sooner than he does, except that the game is again refusing to actually do the AI packages that would get him to come to the lobby until it magically decides to do so.  I haven't dealt with this yet, since it is more complicated.

Edited by GamerRick
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 2:41 PM, ArtemSHikoff said:

Get it now 🙂

Thank you, yeah I often tick "must complete" box to make sure it WILL be done :))

On 3/29/2024 at 3:04 PM, Striker879 said:

The trick with flags is to only use those that are absolutely needed (and the same goes for conditions).

Yes, flags like "Must Complete", "Continue If PC Near" and "Must Reach Location" are blocking other packages to start if conditions to finish such flagged package aren't met, resulting in seemingly wrong behaviour of NPCs. If you want speed up your travel package a little, you can tick "Skip Fallout Behavior" (NPC will not engage other activities like conversations) or "Defensive Combat" (NPC will not engage in combat until attacked first). 

Propably the best is to link something for study: https://cs.uesp.net/wiki/Flags_on_Packages

• Like 1