Sf1edit

unirevenge

good day

i was hoping someone could help me with a little problem i have with a mod that i have recently made for myself in sf1edit.

i want to add the equivalent of this console command "'setgs fSneakVisualBaseValue -1000" in sf1edit.

but i'm unable to find the right name in game settings in sf1edit.

please can someone help me?

thanks in advanced 

56 minutes ago, aurreth said:

If it doesn't exist create a new ESM and add a Game Setting record with an EditorID of fSneakVisualBaseValue, then give it a value of -1000.

thanks for the reply, but i searched in sf1edit for editorid fSneakVisualBaseValue it doesn't exist in my starfield.esm under game settings, am i missing something? i've gone through the whole list manually as well.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 154239.png

If it doesn't exist in Starfield.esm then you have to make a new ESM, then add that game setting to the new ESM.

Right click in the left panel, select Create New File, check the box for a new file, click ok, then give the file a name such as MySneakTweak.

Right click on the new ESM and select Add, then Game Setting.

Right click on Game Setting in the new ESM and select Add, Game Setting, then OK.

You now have a new FormID.  It will show up in the right pane.  Double click EDID - Editor ID and enter fSneakVisualBaseValue in the box that pops up.

Go to the DATA - Value field, double click the 0.00000 entry, and change it to -1000.

Save the file, add it to your load order.

MySneakTweak.esm

Posted (edited)

basically you can walk right up to an npc without being detected while sneaking

this was just a cheaty on my part the better immersive value would be -20

Edited by unirevenge

21 minutes ago, unirevenge said:

btw thanks for your advice you showed me something for alot of new ideas

You're welcome 🙂  And I don't mind cheaty, I play the game in god mode 😆

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

so now i'm trying to recreate "linkedcompanionsuit" by "justanordinaryguy" because it doesn't look like he is going to update his mod, and i don't want to go without it if i don't have to....and i want to make it clear this i do only for myself i'm not going to publish any of my mods and step on anyone's toes....but i did everything he did in sf1edit and saved it under what i presume is with new version of the game....but it doensn't work so i guess something in the game changed with the update.....i'll tinker with it awhile longer and see if i can't get it to work. but might need help.

Edited by unirevenge