Enb and dark shadows

urdli

Hello,

I'm searching for a solution to really dark shadows problem in Enb for two days.

Characters create really dark shadows on themselves, when their back is in the light it's all the character that is dark.
When I deactivate Enb everything goes back to normal. Most of the shadows are really black too, everything seems to be related.

enb2024-4-6-13-26-45.jpg

enb2024-4-6-13-30-03.jpg

enb2024-4-6-13-31-56.jpg

With and without enb 

enb2024-4-6-13-44-34.jpg

enb2024-4-6-13-44-36.jpg

My first recommendation:
Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimPrefs.ini file:
In [Display] section, find and set:
bSAO_CS_Enable=0
bSAOEnable=0

See if that helps.

Posted (edited)

I already checked that, it is on 0. I don't have the line bSAO_CS_Enable though.

I also deactivated all the mods, even enb related ones, same problem.

Thanks.

Edited by urdli

1 hour ago, urdli said:

I already checked that, it is on 0. I don't have the line bSAO_CS_Enable though.

You can add it to the [Display] section if it's not there.

17 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

You can add it to the [Display] section if it's not there.

Just tried that, it didn't change a thing.

If you look at last capture you can see shadows around the eyes, the mouth, the neck ... These shadows are gray without enb.
When I activate enb, these shadows become deep black but the new shadows from ambient occlusion are gray.
I feel that maybe the new shadows from enb go above the old ones. Maybe if I could deactivate shadows from the game and keep only the one from enb it could help ?

Finaly I found an enb preset that isn't dark but I get everything blurry, if I go back a few meters everything gets even more blurry and wind animated plants stop moving and get a "grainy" movement.
It hurts the eyes after a bit.

enb2024_4_7_19_30_41.jpg

Might just be as simple as changing the depth-of-field settings in the game, either in the launcher, or via the game settings.  This would cause objects in the distance to lose focus, if you were looking at something closer...

They are both disabled already, I thought it was that too.

I just give up with enb, it's just a messing feature if you don't have a good computer.

I'll just find another way to get object shadows and nice water.