ℹī¸ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Playing "The Wilderness" from Zorkaz again

2 hours ago, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

PS: But dont build any settlements until you solved the curse...

It's lucky you warned me. I was planning on building a few settlements there today, and I think I only solved 2 or 3 of the mountains.

1 hour ago, Karna5 said:

It's lucky you warned me. I was planning on building a few settlements there today, and I think I only solved 2 or 3 of the mountains.

I strongly recommend for immersion if nothing else, to lift the curse first. Climbing the mountains is a side quest to get you around the landscape. it will not solve the curse.

Think about it, there must be a reason such fertile lands are devoid of people.

I trust you have found some notes by now talking about it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

I trust you have found some notes by now talking about it?

I did find a bunch of notes, but I couldn't read them. So I just stashed them in a workshop 🙂

p.s. and a bunch of map pieces and things with writing, but I couldn't read any of them.

2 hours ago, Karna5 said:

I did find a bunch of notes, but I couldn't read them. So I just stashed them in a workshop 🙂

p.s. and a bunch of map pieces and things with writing, but I couldn't read any of them.

Inspect command X)  in your inventory will read the map and the notes. 

1 minute ago, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

Inspect command in your inventory will read the map and the notes.

Fallout 4 has text to speech? I literally can't read them. 

41 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Fallout 4 has text to speech? I literally can't read them. 

I am sorry I made an error.

For the MAP you pusn "Inspect" via X command then you can see it. Pushing inspect the notes will be illegibly and read command works for me. ( i also have "Better notes" installed but that should not make a diff)

All others are normal readable.

Do you want me to take pics and send them to you so you can use them  as clues?

PM me your email address and I'll do it within the hour (playing the new Mojave revitalization file that dropped today right now, but I will check ehre every half hour it adds tons of new Fo NV landscape to Project Mojave)

Hi, 363rd. We might not be talking about the same thing. I'm legally blind. I can't read in-game notes. If it's required to read in-game notes to do Wilderness quest then I simply won't do wilderness quest. That's okay with me. It's a beautiful mod with lots of zones to set up settlements. It's fun just as is 🙂 Thanks 🙂

53 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Hi, 363rd. We might not be talking about the same thing. I'm legally blind. I can't read in-game notes. If it's required to read in-game notes to do Wilderness quest then I simply won't do wilderness quest. That's okay with me. It's a beautiful mod with lots of zones to set up settlements. It's fun just as is 🙂 Thanks 🙂

The in game notes are helpful clues on the nature of the quest.

Can you read spoiler tags here in the posts?

The very first note on the body when you got to the wilderness read:

Spoiler

This land is cursed! Dont go Noth it comes from the North!

The note on the trailer was talking about: 

Spoiler

about sending a journalist to investigate the odd happenings in the area. reports of Nausea and dizziness. But also a local legend about a walking ghost following people. it was always visible out of the corner of their eyes..

More to follow if you like.

Also let me know if u can read the in game terminals. Those , or rather one of them, will be quest critical.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

Also let me know if u can read the in game terminals. Those , or rather one of them, will be quest critical.

I'm very grateful for your offers, my friend, as well as for the spoilers you added. I'm okay already with the excerpts you gave. It gives me an idea of the intent and style of the mod as it was written, and I don't need more translations. I can't read the in-game terminals either, but again, I'm okay with that.

This said, you've brought up a topic which I think is important to Fallout 4 modding. I apologize for having taken so long to answer your question, but I took the time to find and upload to YouTube a talking point on the subject you've raised, that of how the story in a mod is conveyed to the player.

There's another thread in this forum about Fallout London, and I mentioned in it that one of the things I admire about mods like Commonwealth Slavers and Nuka Ride is that while they're written and made by JB., he also embraces the help of a whole community of modders to fine tune and enhance his gigantic quest mods. For instance, JB.'s primary language is not English. He's from Ecuador and is a native Spanish speaker. But he makes his mods, and then friends he makes on forums volunteer to either proof read his English or even to create AI text to speech for his mod. His Commonwealth Slavers, for instance, is 95% spoken. He also takes various other complex mods by other people and, working with them, incorporates them into his stories.

Below is a short example I recorded of his Commonwealth Slavers mod in which his story telling is also acted by AI. It's adult topic, however, so I'm going to put it in a spoiler.

Mods which don't have voice acting are not completely accessible to me, but I can still play them for the exploration and as applicable jump scares or combat. That's still fun to me. Also, a lot of mods which are voiced today did not start voiced. As I said, Nuka Ride, Commonwealth Slavers (and Problems of Survivor and many other large quest mods) began as text-only and got upgraded to voice by the help of people in the community who have the skill and enjoy the mods enough to help out. Some of those big mods are event translated to other languages with community help.

But with regard to Wilderness, I think what you've explained and shared is enough. I'm ready to make some settlements if the story is text. Maybe some day it will have holotapes with AI voice acting, but that's not necessary either way for me to enjoy the od. Thanks again 🙂