Claim Technology For Brotherhood of Steel

Dimensionlord1

On 4/18/2024 at 9:57 AM, BlazeStryker said:

The problem with canceling Precombines is and always has been that the engine cannot handle that many separate objects. That's why crap that breaks precombines in cells ends up leading to hideous slowdowns and outright CTD.

Yes and no.

The biggest problem on surface cells or exterior worldspace is LIGHT. Light and shadow will drain performance in an instant. I noticed NO performance decrease when disabling the TS, PV, PC stamps and refereneces for any interior cell no matter its size, also i did not notice any performance decrease for disabling room bounds and portals.

FOr exterior cells, the easiest workaround to "trick" the engine will and would be to merge most of the static objects into static collections. This would work wonders for Boston...

I assume the maximum number for objects in any cell (interior 8³) or cell collections (uGrid X) is 65536. You can build a skyskraper by 1k+ static objects (just like in vanilla which uses an insane amount of statics per building) or just use 1 static (collection) object. ...

uGrid 5+ such as uGrid 7 and more might be interfering at some point based on the number of objects.

21 hours ago, BlazeStryker said:

The fact that the Void is a cascade of light is the problem? Maybe... just... change that?

Its the sunlight.

I did some testing with alot of lights removed, especially shadow casters.

Also, alot of mist (FX) can cause micro stutters depending on hardware and some mist is totally unnecessary downtown BC. I removed all and the game ran alot more stable. I do it oldschool using only a iGPU to "feel" even the slightest change in performance.

So i encountered alot more smooth gameplay when removing room bounds and portals and the entire TimeStamp, PreVis, and PreCOmbine lists and references per interior cell.

All of this combined, light, FX, cell references can have a huge impact already in interior cells. Its really interesting !

Now my second plan is to do this for the entire exterior worldspace. All is setup already. 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2024 at 11:03 AM, rsm000rsm said:

As cool as the marked object idea is, the amount of work required to navmesh and regenerate previsbines at all of those locations post BoS acquisition would be mind-boggling. Creating patches for a bajillion other mods that make use of the same cells would be even worse.

mmm maeby just send a vertibird and a scribe, the scribe give you the thanks and send you back to the pridwen on the vertibird, then 2 or 3 days later you see the tecnology in the airport, im thinking of something like "oh we hauled while you were giving reports so thats why you didnt see us work on that" as way to show the job being done at backs to the player, it may be lazy but is a good solution to the problems you describe

23 minutes ago, ElRusoMods said:

mmm maeby just send a vertibird and a scribe, the scribe give you the thanks and send you back to the pridwen on the vertibird, then 2 or 3 days later you see the tecnology in the airport, im thinking of something like "oh we hauled while you were giving reports so thats why you didnt see us work on that" as way to show the job being done at backs to the player, it may be lazy but is a good solution to the problems you describe

Seeing them do the work isn't the issue. The issue is removing the object from one part of the world and placing it somewhere else. Placing it somewhere else is the easy part. Removing it from its original location is not, as the world space where the object used to be would require rebuilding since the object isn't there anymore. That means new previsbines and navmesh, among other things.