⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Very Unique situation---Copying vortex settings/mods from STEAM DECK to new windows PC

I have a very unique/specific problem.  I started modding Skyrim on my Steam Deck last year, reached the limits of it's hardware so I finally built a new windows pc.  All the modding I did on the deck was offline and on an old version of vortex.  I've read alot on transferring vortex to a new pc, but obviously there's nothing about my situation.  I understand the directories I need to copy, but setting up vortex offline on the linux deck required SO many custom methods and required an old version of vortex (1.1.15).  I now have the newest stable version on the new windows pc(1.10.8) so I can't have the same version on both machines to start with. 

Before I even attempt, will this be possible with such an old version on the old machine and all the crazy directories everything is in on the deck to simulate windows?  I'm pretty sure it will be a complete fail, but I have to try.  I'm also pretty sure no one has ever done/attempted such a thing either...I did everything completely BassAckwards to everyone else, normally people are transferring their setups from pc to their deck, not the other way around.  Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Well, hours and hours later...Holy Effing Crapshacks, it kinda worked!!!  I copied and added the downloads, appdata, staging directories and it actually kind of werked.  All the plugins were disabled and I went through the hundreds of them and reenabled them.  BUT, FNIS claims it's not installed and I can't sort my plugins even after re DL'ing LOOT.  None of the installed tools work even when I redirect them to their exe's.  And many installed mods like 3ba don't work, but I'll work on that tomorrow.  I'm pleasantly surprised.  Also, my fps seems locked at 60 even though I don't have a fps limiter checked in my ENB.  BUT, overall it seems most mods are working, just need to figure out how to get all the "tools" and loot working to sort my plugin load orders.  Really impressed with Vortex doing/retaining as much as it did...Now time to build a beautiful 4k skyrim if I can get everything else working again...Thank Vortex!

UPDATE:  I now have all my tools running again and most of my previous mods work as expected.  I have a few questions, though.  On the mod screen, all the mods have the yellow exclamation triangle saying "This mod has no source assigned.  The source tells Vortex where the mod came from and, if applicable , were to check for updates.  You can set the source to "Other" to disable this warning." and at least one mod's yellow triangle says "This mod is missing identification information.  Without this some features like  checking for updates or adding this mod to collections will not work."  All of the mods except a few came from Nexus, but the only one that knows that it came from Nexus is the one with the second yellow triangle's message I explained above.  Is this because all mods were originally installed offline via usb?  I'm assuming this isn't a problem, correct?   Next question is;  when copying over the mod staging folder I got an error regarding one config.txt file (CBP configs).  It said "The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder.  You can shorten the file name and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path."  What exactly does that mean, and how do I get it to copy?  Because of this file not being copied I have no physics in my game because SKSE can't load it's .dll file.  I don't understand how the file name would be too long, it's "CBP Configs.txt"?!?