TES4 Construction Set removes File Header information from Mod

kwoodard65

After years of not modding, I have returned to my old mod for Oblivion. It shows clean under TES4Edit. However, using the TES Construction Extension to make even the smallest of edits, my mod is corrupted upon save. In other words, the prerequisite Parent Masters are removed from the Mod's schema and the Mod stops loading in Construction Set. I have downloaded Python and Visual Studio Code. Oblivion scripts and mods are written in OBScript.  I have 21 master files that must be loaded together with my Mod under Construction Set or the tool will crash. Used OBSE Mod Manager does not resolve my mod issue. Has anyone on this forum witnessed this problem? 

The CSE (Construction Set Extender) has an option under the File -> Save menu which allows you to enable saving masters information with your ESP. I bet this option is disabled in your settings, so masters information is removed just like in the standard CS. So you need to enable this option.

The CSE comes with a manual, it is somewhere in your installation folders (but can be hard to find).

Documentation is in ...\Oblivion\Data\Docs\Construction Set Extender. I don't understand all these questions about saving a plugin as a master, as that's the default. To quote the manual:

Removal of the Need for Mod De-isolation:
The CS will now automatically save loaded ESP files as masters of the active plugin. The behaviour can be toggled through the Save Options sub-menu in the File menu.

53 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

Documentation is in ...\Oblivion\Data\Docs\Construction Set Extender. I don't understand all these questions about saving a plugin as a master, as that's the default. To quote the manual:

The original poster mentioned that they were returning to Oblivion modding after several years. They might have had an old configuration file somewhere that messed up the options. It is probably a good idea to review them for the new installation.

That has always been the default, so they would have had to change the setting. Furthermore, when you upgrade, you have to completely uninstall the previous version as we instruct in the manual. shadeMe did a major overhaul of the CSE a few versions back and if you're returning after being away for a while, you'll definitely need to remove the old version. If you don't replace the old ini file, the new version won't even run.

It's not just this case. There was someone else trying to figure out how to save a plugin with a master.

Anyway folks, please read the manual. The CSE is quite different from the CS.

Much thanks to, LenaWolfBravil, you are my hero or heroin! I have modded for TESIV for years and never had an issue with corrupting my Mod schema (Parent master references) before but this option change did the trick!

Strange, I just saved some minor changes to a new mod version name and then when I loaded it in CS, the Parent masters were missing.

You have to make the change in the Construction Set Extender.ini file (since the CSE won't save any settings changes you make to the ini file)  (in Data\OBSE\Plugins )

[BGSEE::Plugins]
PreventTimeStampChanges=1
SaveLoadedESPsAsMasters=1      <---- THIS ONE!!!!