⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Need for Broken and Fixed List

Moksha8088

It's not really necessary because we have back end ability now to flag mod pages. The list will be constantly updated automatically and to read the list one need only search files using the appropriate tag.

• Like 1

also many of us had locked down thier game.

I think the kind of folks that populate the Nexus FO4 forums either had thier game locked down or know how to rollback to old version.

So we can afford to wait patiently for F4SE to be updated.

In the meantime the Steam forums are blowing up with complaints and the same questions asked over and over again "How can I rollback" , "how can I prevent the update before i log on to internet" etc etc

I tried to help over there but the few of us posting constructive guides just get drowned out in repetive complaint and Help cries over there so no one notices the useful posts which are 3 pages back within the hour.

• Like 1

The beauty of the GOG version.

By the time the GOG version actually processes the update and removes any DRM - the modding community will be well underway towards fixing the F4SE and related mods.

There is no hurry to adopt these updates until they get processed and sorted by the modding community anyway.

Steam is the Turtle - hurry, hurry, push the update.

GOG is the Hare - no hurry, we'll get to the same place together anyway.

Edited by fraquar

35 minutes ago, fraquar said:

The beauty of the GOG version.

Is that you can simply stop it from updating.  Check the box and it will never update.  Steam on the other hand, likes to be heavy handed even when you check the box to only update when I start it.  It does this by forcing you to go online to start the game periodically, as it's Steam connection software needs to update.  I've had this multiple times with Stellaris.

I've heard some fo4 f4se mods will need to be manually placed in the game folder under f4se and the relevant folders to work as they don't otherwise recognize GOG.  I haven't actually tried this myself, but it's worth trying if you're wanting to use one of those mods.

3 hours ago, sattyre said:

I've heard some fo4 f4se mods will need to be manually placed in the game folder under f4se and the relevant folders to work as they don't otherwise recognize GOG.  I haven't actually tried this myself, but it's worth trying if you're wanting to use one of those mods.

I originally got GOG and downloaded the hardcopy to my HD w/o the use of Galaxy to create resiliency against the exact situation that is now occurring ( for others).

But as long as my Steam version works fine I probbaly want put in the extra wokr to teachmyself how to do that, 😄