Vortex not recognizing that I have .net installed

Go to solution Solved by Evilbookworm,

Pretty much exactly what the title says.  Trying to install some mods and I haven't used Vortex in a year or two.  Downloaded the mods fine (Fallout 4 if it matters) and get a .net error.  Okay, so I download .net.  Still getting the error.  I've restarted my PC and vortex and downloaded several different ones just to be safe, no go.  Here is my cmd prompt to verify that I do have .net.  I get the usual "you must install .net runtime to install this application" error.  Of note- I did change the download folder, if that makes a difference.  There's nothing in the new folder I designated, but the mods still show up.  

dotnet --info
.NET SDK:
 Version:           8.0.204
 Commit:            c338c7548c
 Workload version:  8.0.200-manifests.9f663350

Runtime Environment:
 OS Name:     Windows
 OS Version:  10.0.19045
 OS Platform: Windows
 RID:         win-x64
 Base Path:   C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\8.0.204\

.NET workloads installed:
There are no installed workloads to display.

Host:
  Version:      8.0.4
  Architecture: x64
  Commit:       2d7eea2529

.NET SDKs installed:
  8.0.204 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

.NET runtimes installed:
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 8.0.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.17 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 5.0.12 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 6.0.11 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 6.0.29 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 7.0.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 8.0.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 6.0.11 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
  Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 7.0.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
  Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 8.0.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]

I just downloaded this one from the link in the 'common solutions' thread.  Installed it.  Same error, including after I restarted Vortex.  

What is .NET 6?

.NET 6 is framework created by Microsoft which provides applications with libraries it can usee to interact with the operating system. Learn more...

How can I download .NET?

If Vortex is unable to download and install the .NET, it can be fetched manually from the link below.

https://aka.ms/dotnet/6.0/windowsdesktop-runtime-win-x64.exe

You can also select the latest "Desktop Runtime" from this page.