Chat with Forum Friends

Drakefell01

I like medieval musis too.  I also read a book about Aliestor Crowley, another by the authors of the Witches Almanac, another about the Salem Witch trials, another about the Exorcist, another about Omen a child that is born the antichrist, another song I like is from the fallout 3 games opening theme music.  My most favorite songs are from the cowboys days of my youth.  The tumbling tumbleweed

• Like 1

I won't answer that because... that is your problem; only you can solve it.  I hope no one gets hurt while you try to figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Drakefell01 said:

Who listens to medieval music?

I do a little bit now and then -- most often a bit of bardcore from people like Algal on YouTube.  I credit the UK rock band Jethro Tull for bridging me me into some from rock, as well as a number of medieval-fantasy games I've played.

Edited by AaronOfMpls
  • Like 2

I was enjoying being friends with a member who lived in Holland.  I wanted to visit.  Being unemployeed at the time I couldn't afford to travel.  Covid-19 interrupted another plan I had.  Then I discovered we had to have a passport because of Covid-19.  It made it so I had to get one.

I got one only to find out that during that time people were being turned back at the Canadian borders because of the fear people going to Canada might be carriers yet unaffected by Covid in their system. 

To get an airplane flight to Holland I discovered I had to go to Canada first on land travel.  I was about ready to go when I was given information that becasue I was disabled and there was a risk I might become unstable.  The arguement was that I might end up needing to see a doctor who  could determine what to do for me

Then I learned I could travel is I had a companion who would take responsibility and know how to aide me if my body acted Off and through me into a long unfocused time.  So without a person to travel with me I wouldn't be allowed across just to get to the airport for the flight to Holland.

I have been to Canada twice before I was injured.  A physical condition that interferes so I had to have some medication to keep me comfortable.  I couldn't take my meds with me, and would have had to have a doctor in Canada prescribe medication that would be allowed in Canada, but I would have had to leave it at the Canadian Airport that the plane landed last before I could continue my journey from the Eastern Coast of Canada to Holland.

Can't say I like the ways and events as they turned out.  I even became suspicious of the people who were interjecting so I learned I would have those problems.  What happened?  I never got out of the United States, but I have been learning enough to know what is because of the ways Canadians govern their people.  Changes since Covid last year, now make it possible for me to travel, but since 2014 I  had no desire to, or reason to.  In fact, I just learned I have been given a legal right to travel because the diagnosis wasn't correct on the documents.  Now that the corrected information is on my medical records, I can go anywhere on Earth.

I haven't any desire to.  It's all bad everywhere while the World is going through the climate changes.  I discovered that the part of the U. S. A. where I lived most of my life is one of seven states of the 50 that is designated by the War Department as one of seven that was set up to be sacrificed if Atomic War broke out.

Essentially everyone in Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming, and four other states in the Central and midwest were prepared for the event so missiles were located in each state to repell an attack from U. S. S. R. through out my youth and only when I moved to Washington State for 3 years did I sense  kind of comfortable kinship instead of fear of Atomic War missiles raining down on everyone living where I grew up. 

I am glad to read you've discovered where you like the ways of life.

I would become frustrated more and more each time I was unable to be where I liked everything about somewhere.

I hope you are able to travel to Europe and are able to make a life living somewhere there.  There's a lot fascinating places to visit and ground to cover in Europe too.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

Jethro Tull 

My absolutely favourite band  as a teen. 

Places are what you make of them. I've never been to Canada but I am grateful for it. A simple thing but.  We buy strong Canadian flour for making bread. You can smell the fields when it's baking. So, I may never have gone there but every time I bake bread I smell that aroma and I'm glad that Canada can grow some amazing wheat. 

I think for once I agree with Milton... “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..” In other words, if you want to live in hell you will... wherever you are. 

• Like 2