Chat with Forum Friends

Drakefell01

Well, sweet dreams those of you who are heading for sleep. We are continuing with the dismantling of a greenhouse... such fun... 😃

• Like 1

I've finished portdun, farrun, almost finished Jehanna, and am 45% done Orenvier already I'm only just starting on it today (and it's the 2nd largest kingdom) 

• Like 1

We've dismantled the greenhouse. Tomorrow is tidying up and we're done. I've been planting flowers out. Tomorrow I will survey the broken plants because the rabbits will undoubtedly have dug them up and what they leave, the slugs eat... I ought to give up really but I can't because of the bees... I've ordered a load more seed so I can replace the plants the slugs have eaten... 😀 We've got this brilliant plan to make another shrubbery and it's going to be all prickly things... take that you rabbits you! 😛

Posted (edited)

I have a small baby rabbit that lives in my ground cover at the front of my house, it eats all the white flowers in my ground cover I just let it be as I live most of the time inside but its cute to watch (If you were a rabbit would you find it weird if a human was sitting on their couch eating and watching you?

Edited by Drakefell01
  • Like 1

The baby rabbits are gorgeous. They play tag and graze near the house. We love having the wild life around us but the downside is that they don't recognise the difference between deliberately wild bits (for them) and cultivated bits for the bees (flowers) and for us (our vegetables). They eat bits they like and dig up the bits they don't like. I lost a whole bee flower bed last year before I realised that it isn't just a grazing issue. Our latest new bed is fenced with crowd control fencing while the plants establish their roots. It looks awful as the fencing is bright green! 🤣

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 8:18 AM, zixi said:

We've dismantled the greenhouse. Tomorrow is tidying up and we're done. I've been planting flowers out. Tomorrow I will survey the broken plants because the rabbits will undoubtedly have dug them up and what they leave, the slugs eat... I ought to give up really but I can't because of the bees... I've ordered a load more seed so I can replace the plants the slugs have eaten... 😀 We've got this brilliant plan to make another shrubbery and it's going to be all prickly things... take that you rabbits you! 😛

Rabbits live near Briar patches which are a thicket formed from thorny plants.  Rabbits duck into to shrubbery with prickly thorns to keep the Foxes from chasing them to the front door to Rabbit City.

I am taking a time out from watching the TV series Stranger Things because season three appears to be a lot of advertising, politcal scaremongering, and has very little content to make it a good sci-fi.   Season two ended with what I thought was an absolute conclusion.

Yet, I found they made Season 3 and another 4.   The first episode of season 3 seems to be made about the first Mall to be built in a city and all the troubles that it caused Mom and Pop stores in Canada.