Bring back the + functions on profile pages please!

mrafadon

I really liked being able to see at a glance which mods I had added/tracked in a profile. While the newer layout is more descriptive, it's woefully less funcitonal. To be honest, I hate the new format for displaying mods on a profile. It's less space efficient, less functional and the little hover descriptions are kind of already obvious. 

Screen Shot 2024-04-30 at 8.14.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-30 at 8.06.03 AM.png

• Like 1

That does make the profile pages less functional. I don't know the reason for the change but you can try perusing through the relevant thread. I'm sure it was brought up because some other folks weren't pleased with the changes to the profile pages for different reasons. Unfortunately, it's 61 pages long. Though I do remember reading in one of the posts by a moderator that some of the changes were dictated by the need to make the site more mobile friendly. Not an exact quote, of course. Maybe the plus functions were removed for some reason or another regarding that. 

19 hours ago, UsernameWithA9 said:

That does make the profile pages less functional. I don't know the reason for the change but you can try perusing through the relevant thread. I'm sure it was brought up because some other folks weren't pleased with the changes to the profile pages for different reasons. Unfortunately, it's 61 pages long. Though I do remember reading in one of the posts by a moderator that some of the changes were dictated by the need to make the site more mobile friendly. Not an exact quote, of course. Maybe the plus functions were removed for some reason or another regarding that. 

That thread is locked so no reason to try posting there. There can be a simple check to see if the website is loaded on a computer or mobile in which case a simple display toggle would fit. I think the devs just don't want to do it. 

2 hours ago, mrafadon said:

That thread is locked so no reason to try posting there.

I knew it was locked. Pickysaurus locked it when the user profile's beta phase ended. I suggested checking out the thread in an effort to find out if your issue had been discussed or not. And you misunderstood the latter part of my post. I was simply spitballing an idea as to why the plus functions were removed. Personally, I don't know. That's why I suggested searching that thread.

Having said all of that, for the record, I wouldn't hold my breath on the devs bringing them back. With the exception of a few things that were said to be brought back in that thread, I think the user profile layout is set as it is. The devs are currently working on transitioning the mod pages over to the new layout, so, yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sorry for your website woes, mate.