Long load times on modern hardware

davidm71

Hi,

I am running both Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 latest next gen update on a pretty modern system with the data drive running off of a raid zero nvme array with an 11700K cpu with 32 gb ram.

Anyhow Fallout New Vegas loads up really fast like lightening but Fallout 4 is slowwww ... 

I have patched New Vegas with heap upgrades and unofficial patches and modded it as well but Fallout 4 is mostly texture mods with exception of recent unofficial F4 patch release came out yesterday.

So wonder are there any mods that improve load times??

Thank you

18 hours ago, davidm71 said:

Hi,

I am running both Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 latest next gen update on a pretty modern system with the data drive running off of a raid zero nvme array with an 11700K cpu with 32 gb ram.

Anyhow Fallout New Vegas loads up really fast like lightening but Fallout 4 is slowwww ... 

I have patched New Vegas with heap upgrades and unofficial patches and modded it as well but Fallout 4 is mostly texture mods with exception of recent unofficial F4 patch release came out yesterday.

So wonder are there any mods that improve load times??

Thank you

One trick is to just push the windows button to desktop.

then go back 1-2 seconds later.

80% of the time results in an almost immediate load.

13 hours ago, LarannKiar said:

There are mods that improve load times, High FPS Physics Fix and Load Accelerator. Check out their mod pages for dependencies and updates.

Yes I am aware  of the high physics fix but unfortunately dependent on F4SE. The other fixes which I don't understand work on vsync which I don't understand how unlocking vsync affects load times. Would figure there should be someway to cache to files more and use the newer nvme features I read about that microsoft was working on with game devs.

So tried the alt tab trick and that worked though on the third try the resolution was wrong but came back to normal after another alt-tab. Feels like this game needs another unofficial patch.

48 minutes ago, davidm71 said:

Yes I am aware  of the high physics fix but unfortunately dependent on F4SE. The other fixes which I don't understand work on vsync which I don't understand how unlocking vsync affects load times. Would figure there should be someway to cache to files more and use the newer nvme features I read about that microsoft was working on with game devs.

Load Accelerator makes the FPS very high while loading using the power of your graphics card (about 200 or 300 FPS if I remember correctly). This somehow speeds up the loading process. After loading is completed the FPS is normal again. I experienced very short load times with this mod. 

It makes a difference where you make the last save when leaving the game. Perhaps you can try to leave the game when you are in an interior cell and look whether this makes a difference for you. Besides FO4 is really not the fastest loading game ever.

54 minutes ago, subaverage said:

FO4 is really not the fastest loading game ever.

You ain't kidding. I long for the comparatively lightning fast load time of 2-5 sec with Skyrim and i'm on an old sata 2 HDD running on super Ultra(4k tex) and 150gb mod set.

Here i'm running NO HD textures at all with a 40gb mod set and i'm lucky if my load time is under 20 sec and that is WITH the High Physics Fix(before the fix it's 40-50 sec.)