Vortex stalls on launch 1.10.8

Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

Currently running Windows 11 ARM under Parallels on M1 Mac Mini.  Vortex 1.10.8 installed, modding for Skyrim AE and F04.  Note that this setup has been running well for several years, but just recently, Vortex has refused to launch past the Vortex title window. 

I have reinstalled Vortex and .NET with the latest versions, no change.  Also note that when I launch the games outside of Vortex, the previously installed mods are recognized and run as before.  I just can't get into Vortex.  I'm baffled.  Unfortunately MO2 is not an option as it will not run on Windows ARM, so my modding hobby is dead in the water, unless I go full manual.  Any ideas?

• Solution

This usually means the AppData folder for Vortex has been corrupted. Considering your very unusual setup it's hard to say what would've done this. You can try renaming the "Vortex" folder in AppData but this will unfortunately means Vortex will "forget" all the mods you've installed until you point it back to the correct staging/download folders in settings. 

Excellent tip.  Thank you VERY much. I renamed the Vortex folder in AppData/Roaming/ and did a clean install of the latest Vortex. -  bingo.  Better than ever.  As for the cause, it happened right after an update by Parallels so I'm passing that on to their Support.  fyi this crazy emulator on an emulator setup (Windows ARM on Parallels on OS 14.4.1) running on the M1 mini with a PS4 controller (via Steam) works surprisingly well for Bethesda games.  Alas, no Halo ...

Thanks again!

G