quest fragment query

I have this in a quest fragment:

ccKRTSSE001_FerrySyste_05000A7B  tempquest = ccKRTSSE001_FerrySystem As  ccKRTSSE001_FerrySyste_05000A7B 
	 tempquest.ccKRTSSE001_zQuest = self As Quest

it is in a fragment of my own quest that aims to change the property "ccKRTSSE001_zQuest" on the other quest's fragment script "ccKRTSSE001_FerrySyste_05000A7B", is this proper? It compiles in the CK but doesn't seem to achieve its aim.

diziet

The first line has the correct syntax

targetScript varNam = targetObject as targetScript

Then that calls the second line into question.  I would run some debug statements to see what the result of "self as Quest" turns out to be. 

Debugging self as quest is a utter waste of time... I think it is self explanatory pun intended, it can only be one thing.. the Quest Object that running the quest Fragment, no need to debugged it))

• the first part is this variable equals this Quest as this Script.  so >> ScriptName var1 ( needs to be existing script and initialized in another quest) 
  • the second part is this variable in above equal this Quest or Self as Self. so  >> Quest var2 (makes perfect sense)

Simple

But I would make 

ccKRTSSE001_FerrySyste_05000A7B  tempquest = (ccKRTSSE001_FerrySystem as Quest) As  ccKRTSSE001_FerrySyste_05000A7B 

tempquest.ccKRTSSE001_zQuest = self As Quest

that where you went  wrong)) you forgot to double cast first as quest, then as script in that quest

But I think this is a dead post, the OP either solved it or gave up)) But I say the first is wrong and the second is OK