Vortex update no longer recognizes file path

Go to solution Solved by ZoldFrog,

Posted (edited)

Hi all. I use Vortex for BG3 mods, and I recently installed the latest update. For some reason, whenever I try to deploy mods now, it doesn't recognize the command to do so. Based on the nature of the error, it seems to be getting caught up in the fact that my username has a space in the middle, because it's just my first and last name. I'm not sure how to fix this; Vortex never had this problem before the update.

For some technical data:

• Which version of Vortex are you using?  Vortex 1.11.3 (5/13/2024)
  • Which game are you modding and which game store did you purchase it from? Baldur's Gate 3 from Steam
  • Which mods are you trying to use? (These are probably not relevant to the problem, but here you go.) Improved UI Assets v3.21.1, Mod Fixer v1.0, ExportTool-v1.18.7.7z, 5e Spells v2.0.1.4, Fantastical Core v1.5.9.2, Fantastical Triton v1.5.1, Party Limit Begone SE v2.1, Paladins Deity v1.1, Show Approval Ratings - English v1.2.0
  • What steps did you take before you encountered the error? Vortex was working fine today with mod deployments. I saw there was an update, so I installed the update and restarted the app. I tried to deploy mods again after the update, got stuck on "Reading PAK files. This might take a while...". I checked the Load Order and got an error message, as shown below.
  • What is the specific error message you received? See below. I changed my username for anonymity, but it was in the same format: first name + [SPACE] + last name.

Error: divine.exe failed: Command failed: C:\Users\John Doe\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\baldursgate3\mods\ExportTool-v1.18.7\tools\divine.exe --action extract-package --source "C:\Users\John Doe\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods\Fantastical Core.pak" --game bg3 --loglevel off --destination "C:\Users\John Doe\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\temp\lsmeta\HJC6K-Ry7R" --expression "*/meta.lsx"
'C:\Users\John' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\game-baldursgate3\divineWrapper.js:134:31
    at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)
    at rejected (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\game-baldursgate3\divineWrapper.js:29:65)
    at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
    at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)
    at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)
    at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)
    at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:725:18)
    at _drainQueueStep (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)
    at _drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)
    at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)
    at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14)

Edited by Graysworn
  • Like 1