quest and adventure mod category

Exactly which site rule am I breaking by abandoning a mod?

If there is no such rule, then I see no reason to debate this any further.

2 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

... unless someone has the temerity to express a belief you disapprove of, then you are into suppression, censuring, dismissal and ad hominems.

The whole point of free speech is to identify and counter bad ideas with arguments and mockery. If you are actually older than i am and you don't understand that, well you are the one who is deluded my friend. To be fair i don't know where you are from and maybe you are not accustom to the freedoms afforded by the US constitution or was once afforded by English common law so perhaps you just don't understand the concept.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, worm82075 said:

The whole point of free speech is to identify and counter bad ideas with arguments and mockery. If you are actually older than i am and you don't understand that, well you are the one who is deluded my friend. To be fair i don't know where you are from and maybe you are not accustom to the freedoms afforded by the US constitution or was once afforded by English common law so perhaps you just don't understand the concept.

The purpose of free speech is the free exchange of ideas and information.  You provide neither.  You use free speech as a shield, from behind which you spew the most obscene and vitriolic hate speech.  You exploit free speech as a disguise while bullying and attempting to intimidate those who dare to hold a belief different from your own.  You don't take advantage of free speech, you abuse free speech by using it as an excuse for churlishness. 

Edited by ScytheBearer

You know i never thought of it that way. I'm so sorry i hurt your feelings. Here I thought you were a just hater dissing my fandom but all along you've just been an innocent victim of Bethesda and Nexus Mods. I don't know how i couldn't see this before, it's been staring me in the face for 18 years and i was just too stupid to see it. I know you said you weren't bothering to try and change people's minds but you changed mine. I'll never shill for Bethesda or Nexus Mods again. Thank you so much for showing me the light with your well thought out arguments and steadfast persistence. Keep up the good fight and i will start recruiting to our cause. With any luck we can make it so no one wants to be here and then we can revel in the accomplishment of bringing down another evil institution. Viva la revolution.

Stay strong comrade.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, worm82075 said:

You know i never thought of it that way. I'm so sorry i hurt your feelings. Here I thought you were a just hater dissing my fandom but all along you've just been an innocent victim of Bethesda and Nexus Mods. I don't know how i couldn't see this before, it's been staring me in the face for 18 years and i was just too stupid to see it. I know you said you weren't bothering to try and change people's minds but you changed mine. I'll never shill for Bethesda or Nexus Mods again. Thank you so much for showing me the light with your well thought out arguments and steadfast persistence. Keep up the good fight and i will start recruiting to our cause. With any luck we can make it so no one wants to be here and then we can revel in the accomplishment of bringing down another evil institution. Viva la revolution.

Stay strong comrade.

Thank you for proving my point.  You could have shortened that entire sarcastic rant to it's first five words "You know i never thought."  After that, the rant just sorta dribbles off into mouth flatulence and static noise. 

Now, to return to the point which set you off in the first place. 

Unsupported mods are a pain in the butt.  If a mod maker is going to upload a mod, support it.  If you no longer want to support the mod, give it to someone else to support or take it down. 

Edited by ScytheBearer

13 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

Now, to return to the point which set you off in the first place. 

Unsupported mods are a pain in the butt.  If a mod maker is going to upload a mod, support it.  If you no longer want to support the mod, give it to someone else to support or take it down. 

You still have not presented any argument as to why it should be this way other than because you say so. Lets try this again with elaboration and bullet points.

• It would destroy posterity and greatly increase the threshold of entry for new hobbyist modders by hiding the communities past failures from view. That would greatly increase the likely hood of new modders making the same mistakes again.
  • It would limit users options for customizing their game as THEY see fit. Customizing our game to our own preference is the entire point of being here and limiting those options only hurts that pursuit, it doesn't help.
  • It would completely remove good content that has a chance to be picked up later by someone else and carried on for the betterment of all. Case in point: Amazing Follower Tweaks --> Amazing Follower Tweaks Plus. 3 years between these two.

It's just a bad idea. Prove me wrong with a convincing counter argument as to why none of my points are actually good for this community. If you however instead revert to trashing this community as garbage then i will have no choice but to return to sarcastically mocking you for acting like an entitled, self serving twat that doesn't care about this community.

Come on you can do this.

2 hours ago, worm82075 said:

You still have not presented any argument as to why it should be this way other than because you say so. Lets try this again with elaboration and bullet points.

• It would destroy posterity and greatly increase the threshold of entry for new hobbyist modders by hiding the communities past failures from view. That would greatly increase the likely hood of new modders making the same mistakes again.
  • It would limit users options for customizing their game as THEY see fit. Customizing our game to our own preference is the entire point of being here and limiting those options only hurts that pursuit, it doesn't help.
  • It would completely remove good content that has a chance to be picked up later by someone else and carried on for the betterment of all. Case in point: Amazing Follower Tweaks --> Amazing Follower Tweaks Plus. 3 years between these two.

It's just a bad idea. Prove me wrong with a convincing counter argument as to why none of my points are actually good for this community. If you however instead revert to trashing this community as garbage then i will have no choice but to return to sarcastically mocking you for acting like an entitled, self serving twat that doesn't care about this community.

Come on you can do this.

As I said earlier ...

• When an unsupported mod breaks, there is no one to fix it and no one to contact to fix it.  So, there the mod sits, broken and unusable, with users clamoring for "someone" to violate copyright and fix the mod for them.  Should someone actually violate the original authors copyright and fix the mod, NexusMods is forced to remove the fix, and potentially ban the fixing author, further antagonize the community. 
  • When there is a conflict with an unsupported mod, there is no one to contact for permission to create a "community wide" compatibility patch.  Individual users may create their own patch, if able, but if unable, must choose one mod or the other.  Here again, should "someone" decide to create and release a patch without getting permission from the original author, NexusMods is forced to take the same course of action as described above.

Now, I did say in the post you appear to be responding too, "If you no longer want to support the mod, give it to someone else to support ...".  I am unfamiliar with the mod you reference in your last bullet point, but it does appear that the original author did exactly as I proposed, gave the mod to someone else to support. 

And that points to a glaring hole in you arguments.  You focus on "take it down" and ignore everything else.  This myopic focus on only half the proposed solution forces your thinking into a narrow path and makes your arguments fail when applied to other proposed solutions. 

Further, you propose no alternatives to alleviating the issues I raise with unsupported mods, you just bash away on how it's a terrible idea and endeavor to silence me with your bullying and attempts at intimidation. 

Finally, I don't have to prove anything to you.  You are welcome to disagree.  What you are not allowed to do is to continue with the thinly veiled threats and the hateful vitriol.  I am done with you.  Blocked and reported. 

5 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

As I said earlier ...

• When an unsupported mod breaks, there is no one to fix it and no one to contact to fix it.  So, there the mod sits, broken and unusable, with users clamoring for "someone" to violate copyright and fix the mod for them.  Should someone actually violate the original authors copyright and fix the mod, NexusMods is forced to remove the fix, and potentially ban the fixing author, further antagonize the community. 
  • When there is a conflict with an unsupported mod, there is no one to contact for permission to create a "community wide" compatibility patch.  Individual users may create their own patch, if able, but if unable, must choose one mod or the other.  Here again, should "someone" decide to create and release a patch without getting permission from the original author, NexusMods is forced to take the same course of action as described above.

There are no rules against 'Patching' someone else's mod. A patch is a separate file that is useless without the original and therefore does not infringe on the other person's file so you are wrong.

5 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

Now, I did say in the post you appear to be responding too, "If you no longer want to support the mod, give it to someone else to support ...".  I am unfamiliar with the mod you reference in your last bullet point, but it does appear that the original author did exactly as I proposed, gave the mod to someone else to support.

It was originally abandoned and then was fixed via a replacement esp(which also requires the original mod) three years later. It's possible the creator of plus contacted the creator of AFT privately but no mention of "passing the mod off" exists, just a stickied retirement farewell. Again you are wrong.

6 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

you...endeavor to silence me with your bullying and attempts at intimidation. 

thinly veiled threats and the hateful vitriol.

This is nonsense. I won't even justify it with a response.

6 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

You are welcome to disagree..... I am done with you.  Blocked and reported. 

Fine, runaway. Now that you are gone I will just cut to the chase and stop mincing words. What you really want is more rights and protections as a user than the mod authors enjoy as if this were a store front and the customer is always right. That is why YOU spew vitriol and hate at this site and anyone that dares defend it because you know the owner will never allow that to happen.

Nonsensical discussion. Most mods don't even require "maintenance". Why would anyone remove those (when quiting) ?

& why remove anything? my creation is there for "you" to do with as you please. finnished or not. In fact, i'm sure there are (a lot more) people out there who would nag about mods being removed.

The demand to remove "abandonned" stuff is actually your personal preference and censorship!

Just don't download/use it, and leave it for those who want it. Even if 'abandonned'

its nexusmods after all. Not ScythebearerEndorsedMods !

• Thanks 2