Kingdom Come: Deliverance

hoofhearted4

I don't think it will be contending with the Witcher 3, or any other fantasy games, because this game is going to be strictly medieval. So, no magic, no elves, no monsters, etc. It's a completely different setting.

I'm looking forward to it. There are too many different fantasy worlds, and I would be very happy to just go with a simple medieval world based on the real medieval times.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I read about it I like it. But as i said I'm not sold. This really isn't my cup of tea. It seems like a really boring game. There is such a thing as too realistic.

But as I've said, I'm not Completely uninterested either. The game sounds promising. And as someone who enjoys RPGs I have to keep my eye on it.

Part of my wants to scrounge up the $40 to get into Alpha. We will see. I got 26 days to decide.

• 2 weeks later...

The more I read about it I like it. But as i said I'm not sold. This really isn't my cup of tea. It seems like a really boring game. There is such a thing as too realistic.

I have to disagree with you there. Key moments in real life tend to be much more interesting than the things people imagine. Google the politics behind the Spanish Inquisition some time... It gets a hell of a lot more complex and multifaceted than most game stories I've seen.

I'm not excited about Kingdom Come, however, because it won't be realistic. It'll be boring, sold as realistic, because every game dev I've ever seen has the impression that realism just means cutting out the fantasy stuff, rather than replacing it with real intrigue, locations, enemies, and events.

Edited by Rennn

I have to disagree with you there. Key moments in real life tend to be much more interesting than the things people imagine. Google the politics behind the Spanish Inquisition some time... It gets a hell of a lot more complex and multifaceted than most game stories I've seen.

I'm not excited about Kingdom Come, however, because it won't be realistic. It'll be boring, sold as realistic, because every game dev I've ever seen has the impression that realism just means cutting out the fantasy stuff, rather than replacing it with real intrigue, locations, enemies, and events.

this is opinion. i happen to think this type of game would be boring.

im not saying real life events arent exciting, esp when given a spin. im a huge fan of The Three Kingdoms. Dynasty Warriors isnt the most ingenious game out there, but i love the story. and when you actually read the book, its so in depth. its based on true stories, but its myth at the same time.

i still hold on to my, "there is such a thing as too realistic" statement. and its opinion, not fact. id rather play Resistance or Mass Effect then these types of games. i wanna play the badass at the end. i want to know that my experience in the game and the items ive aquired and what ive seen and done have made me into a badass.

They seem quite determined that this game will be different. From the looks of things, this game will have interesting characters and realistic combat: the most important factors when creating a "realistic game" IMO. They are basing the game off real medieval landscape, architecture, weaponry, armour, clothing, faces, everything. I get the impression that there will be some political intrigue that the player can influence and partake in (perhaps directly as a rogue, on the battlefield as a knight). We'll just have to wait and see.

It sounds a lot more realistic than all the other games I've played. I hope it's not all hype and B.S. like what Bethesda did with Skyrim, though... :ermm:

of course it wont be totally realistic because that's stupid. everyone always says they want a totally realistic game but they really dont. the only place where being realistic works in gaming is in a racing sim and even then they're aren't made to be totally realistic. no one wants to play a 30 min race and lose in the last lap because some part gave out and there is nothing you can do about or nothing you could have done to prevent it.

this is a open world sandbox mid-evil RPG not a sim.

of course it wont be totally realistic because that's stupid. everyone always says they want a totally realistic game but they really dont. the only place where being realistic works in gaming is in a racing sim and even then they're aren't made to be totally realistic. no one wants to play a 30 min race and lose in the last lap because some part gave out and there is nothing you can do about or nothing you could have done to prevent it.

this is a open world sandbox mid-evil RPG not a sim.

Heheh. Speak for yourself. I'd like total realism, the only problem is a controller or keyboard isn't sophisticated enough to make total realism fair. What good is a shooter that tracks every vein in your body that a bullet hits if you have to press a button to crouch and don't know if your shoulders are really sticking out?

its over double its intended target. i bet itll pass the 700k goal. but i doubt itll hit the others. i have yet to back, not 100% if i will. but yea. i guess there is a demand for this game after all.