May I take your order?

This forum game is dedicated to food any kind you could think of! 

You can give a menu.

You can make food jokes.

Ask questions about food.

Or just build an appetite for a meal! 

When I was a child I heard another boy said he grew up so poor for dessert they had air pudding.

While it sounded funny, sometimes imagination gives us joy.

If I could have anything right now, I think I would like the first time I ever had home made flan with friends and family, the first time my mother fried a stack of milanesas for me, the first time I had chorizos grilled in the back yard, the first time I made my own lemonade, the first grilled cheese sandwich, the first macoroni with cheese not out of a box, the first hot chocolate made with boiled milk and chocolate shavings in a pot, the maple tree sap straight out of the tree, the first butter I churned myself, the first gorgonzola sauce I made myself after learning the recipe from my mother, the first oreo cookie, the first fresh baked oatmeal cookie, the first strip of salted meat served to me by strangers in a Swaziland village, the first pizza I ever made myself.

If I could have anything right now, I think I'd like it to be a first that stays with me for the rest of my life, ever bringing back its delight like it was yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I came from a poor family and weirdly enough in canada it's cheaper to buy junk food then get healthy food so I ate a lot of energy snacks.

I love doritos want some? 

Edited by Drakefell01
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Drakefell01 said:

You from europe? they've got all the best food.

Me? I was born in Argentina but brought to the U.S. at a very young age in the 1960s. So the food with which I grew up was Argentinian. In fact, my mom didn't speak English when we came to the U.S., and my aunt told me a story several years ago that one day she came to visit my mom when I was young, and my mom confided to my aunt that she was concerned I was not talking. I was simply making strange noises. So my aunt took my hand and went for a walk with me outside, and I turned to my aunt and said in English, "Look, tia, a car!" So my aunt took me back inside and said to my mom, "He's speaking. He's speaking English." I had learned to speak English from watching television.

Eventually, when I was old enough to buy my own food, I got to experience normal U.S. cuisine (fast food and junk food). But while I was living with my parents, we generally ate home made food from various countries. Argentinian food, by the way, is nearly identical to Italian food except that Argentinian food grills meat differently and doesn't put red sauce on milanesas and makes empanadas (meat pies with olives, eggs and sometimes raisins).

• Like 1

Just now, Drakefell01 said:

What's your favorite type of cheese?

Wow that's a tough question. Cheese is situational. What's good in some uses or cases is terrible in others.

I had a nineteen novel marathon of the Aubry and Maturin novels many years ago, and the main character used to love grilled Parmesan cheese. Nearly every book he'd make a big deal of serving it. You take a small skillet and melt parmesan cheese and simply eat it straight. So I went to a nearby gourmet food store (I could drive at the time and lived in a metropolitan area as well at the time) and bought a small brick of unshredded parmesan cheese. Then I went home and cooked it and ate it straight. And wow oh wow oh wowee it was so delicious!

I then tried doing that with various other cheeses. Romano cheese this way was disgusting. Other cheeses simply didn't melt right and turned into hard lumps in puddles of butter. So I gave up on that.

Likewise, monterey jack cheese is delicious eaten cold from a brick out of the refrigerator but isn't very good for cooking.

Mozzarella cheese (preferably mixed with some tuma cheese or the like) is great on pizzas but not so good as grilled cheese sandwiches or on spaghetti.

I love (love) american cheese (both orange and white varieties) on sliced bread cooked just short of burnt, and it's not bad on spaghetti, but it's not that good alone without anything else to complement it.

There are various mild cheese I like on crackers, and cream cheese is delicious cold but terrible (terrible!) cooked.

Cottage cheese can be good as well, but some brands of it aren't as good as others.

Gorgonzola cheese is normally pretty terrible, but cooked with heavy cream over a pot stirring it non-stop at low temperature for fifteen minutes and then combining it with a cup of parmesan cheese is soooooooooo delicious on fresh made tortellini.

In summary, I think that question is too difficult to answer properly.

What's your favorite cheese, Drakefell?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mine has got to be mozzarella to be more specific buffalo pizza mozzarella.

And you may call my george. 🙂

I'm from close european heritage i'm half greek far back but romanian sooner, I'm quarter dwarven scandinavian, and quarter celtic Irish and british.

I would love to go on vacation to all the places of my heritage and eat there foods and learn more about their cultures.

Edited by Drakefell01
  • Like 1

You may be wondering my passions they have got to be european cultures and medieval world as well as making meshes and sharing my skills with the world!

I love eating many of the foods from europe, at least the ones I can make in canada.

2 minutes ago, Drakefell01 said:

Mine has got to be mozzarella to be more specific buffalo pizza mozzarella.

I had to look that up as I'd not heard of it. That makes sense. Normal mozzarella cheese is almost tasteless and needs to be blended with other cheeses to give them a more delicious taste. It's why I mentioned a blend with tuma cheese being good. It seems Buffolo Mozzarella is inherently flavored without the need for blends. That's useful information, and I'll mention this to my girlfriend as something to try the next time we place a food order for cheese (I live in the middle of nowhere, so we mail order our food in bulk).