Stardew Valley Not Detected by Nexus Mods App

Go to solution Solved by erri120,

Hey guys! Just dove in to the Alpha, and I've already run into a problem: Stardew isn't showing up as installed. I have a clean install of Stardew, as instructed, and I'm using the AppImage version on Fedora. Steam is installed through Flatpak.

System info:

Kernel: Linux 6.9.5-200.fac40.x86-64
DE: Gnome 46.2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT
Memory: 32G

I attached the nexus app log file; not really sure how to parse it myself, and any tips to help me in the future would be appreciated!

nexusmods.app.main.current.log

• Like 1

CC @erri120

(I don't know if Flatpak Steam is handled by GameFinder, i.e. whether install location is non-standard. I've never looked into it)

At the very least I can acknowledge we're aware of the post though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sewer56 said:

CC @erri120

(I don't know if Flatpak Steam is handled by GameFinder, i.e. whether install location is non-standard. I've never looked into it)

At the very least I can acknowledge we're aware of the post though.

GameFinder supports Flatpak installation: https://github.com/erri120/GameFinder/blob/e538c3205d925604bc2a38635e4410dd871671da/src/GameFinder.StoreHandlers.Steam/Services/SteamLocationFinder.cs#L193-L196

@studentTwenty can you check if Steam is installed at

~/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/data/Steam

• Like 1

8 hours ago, erri120 said:

GameFinder supports Flatpak installation: https://github.com/erri120/GameFinder/blob/e538c3205d925604bc2a38635e4410dd871671da/src/GameFinder.StoreHandlers.Steam/Services/SteamLocationFinder.cs#L193-L196

@studentTwenty can you check if Steam is installed at

~/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/data/Steam

That's where it is. When I installed Fedora, I did a default Flatpak install of Steam. Everything is exactly where you expect it to be.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 3:32 AM, studentTwenty said:

That's where it is. When I installed Fedora, I did a default Flatpak install of Steam. Everything is exactly where you expect it to be.

It's weird that the log file doesn't mention anything. This might happen when everything gets parsed correctly, but the Steam manifests simply don't contain anything.

Can you open the Steam directory and verify that the "libraryfolders.vdf" file exists and contains paths to your libraries? The file will look something like this:

1   │ "libraryfolders"
   2   │ {
   3   │     "0"
   4   │     {
   5   │         "path"      "/ssd-pool/games/SteamLibrary"
   6   │         "label"     ""
   7   │         "contentid"     "4129378406094616110"
   8   │         "totalsize"     "0"
   9   │         "update_clean_bytes_tally"      "7022581164"
  10   │         "time_last_update_corruption"       "0"
  11   │         "apps"
  12   │         {
  13   │             "228980"        "476185459"
  20   │         }
  21   │     }
  22   │ }

• Like 1

Sorry for not getting to this sooner, it's been a busy couple days. I had a librarfolders.vdf file in

/home/{username}/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/config

and

/home/{username}/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps

but not in the Steam  folder itself. I checked both of the files, and the section is there, and points to my Steam Library.

• Like 1

• Solution
14 hours ago, studentTwenty said:

Sorry for not getting to this sooner, it's been a busy couple days. I had a librarfolders.vdf file in

/home/{username}/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/config

and

/home/{username}/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps

but not in the Steam  folder itself. I checked both of the files, and the section is there, and points to my Steam Library.

Thanks for the info. We didn't search in that path before. This issue will be fixed in the next release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ravnblckheart said:

Is the mod manager for steam games only? I installed the gog version of stardew valley on my debian laptop and the mod manager doesent detect it.

GOG games currently cannot be autodetected on Linux due to the GOG Galaxy application being unavailable. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2024 at 8:54 PM, studentTwenty said:

Hey guys! Just dove in to the Alpha, and I've already run into a problem: Stardew isn't showing up as installed. I have a clean install of Stardew, as instructed, and I'm using the AppImage version on Fedora. Steam is installed through Flatpak.

System info:

Kernel: Linux 6.9.5-200.fac40.x86-64
DE: Gnome 46.2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT
Memory: 32G

I attached the nexus app log file; not really sure how to parse it myself, and any tips to help me in the future would be appreciated!

nexusmods.app.main.current.log 7.55 kB · 3 downloads

Hey! It looks like your issue might be due to Flatpak's sandboxing. Since your Steam is installed via Flatpak, it might not be able to see the Stardew Valley AppImage. You can try using **Flatseal** to give Steam broader permissions, allowing it to access your Stardew installation. Alternatively, for better compatibility, consider installing Stardew Valley directly through Steam instead of using the AppImage. That should make things work smoothly on your Fedora setup. Let me know if this helps!