Skyrim se crashes on launch after uninstalling ENB

slowman87

• I'm an experienced mod user with a thousand mod list. Over a decade I have perfected this hobbie to achieve this with a stable game with many hours of gameplay.
  • Recently Community Shaders took my attention, so I decided to give it a try, after years of using ENB.
  • The problem is I found my skyrim doesn't work without ENB, I have tracked the last mods I changed, disabled every mod related to ENB (like NAT ENB), but the game crashes on launch.
  • I have tested, checked everything without results, but I'm guessing is a memory issue, and ENB helps with my massive mod list. 

Has anyone knows a solution? I really want to test community shaders.

Also my SSD is low on space, I'm also thinking if this leads me to virtual memory problems. 

Yes bro, I just could continue playing with ENB, but I wanted to give a try to Community Shaders, I suppose ENB memory patch is making my large mod list work, I have done an extensive web search but haven't found anything.

And I have tested with ENB installed without the graphics enabled, but CS disables itself as soon it detects ENB is installed. Haven't found a solution yet. The only plugins related to ENB I found were NAT III enb, and enb light, so I removed them before testing. 

sorry, I can't duplicate your issue, but our setups may not match... I'm running 1.5.97 with 3k mods, and loads to start screen with or without ENB for me

• Like 1

If you disable all mods does it still crash? If not try enabling a few at a time and seeing if the crash comes back. Make sure that for any mod re-enabled that you also re-enable any needed patches. Loot will help with that. It's tedious but the simplest way to see if the problem is in the Skyrim directory or a mod problem.

For now, I will stick to ENB to resume playing, I don't want to waste time, as my objective was to improve performance with good visuals, my solutions was installing a software from Steam Called Lossless Scaling, it has upscaling and framerate generation, but im using only framerate generation. It let my game running at almost 60fps all the time, using NAT ENB III, 4k textures and a bunch of other things. With this I can play with ENB, all features from community shaders (I suppose), with nice performance. 

THis is my lossless scaling config, I copied from this video: 

LOSSLESSSCALING.jpg.d54002e0edf3d29b97d14bd0724ba9e9.jpg

I copied the config from this video: