Invisible Settlers?

Pellape

20 hours ago, Pellape said:

@363rdChemicalCompany Thanks a lot 🙂

I will install Commonwealth's Captives and I do save a lot of Presets from other NPC that I meet and we can do that of course with the captives. I think I have  maybe 15 presets now, to get each settlement as unique as possible. I even save a preset from a nice  looking Gunner.  😄  Just type

slm <refID> 1

Press [P]

Press [X]

Give the preset a name but I guess you knew about this alreay. Damn my new settlers have  double the HP than my companions has. I try to use the standard ones that pop in to a settlement first but the damn Slog has 45 so I guess I have to delete a couple of  doubles there.

There  are a couple of Presets at Nexus for DL, but it is also a matter of personal taste, also like the remade companions and I do think they do look best as the author intended, but with a few edits, like this:

Heather Hasdin

77985963-1718746133.jpg

I am Darlene

36254-1719782888-1305695594.png

Who is this?  😉

77985963-1717672019.jpg

Glad your hvaing fun this is what its all about.

Word of expectation management.

When you see  look on an NPC you like say form Captives or from depravity (many pretty girls there) very often they do not look quite the same when saved to your SLM.

I believe some mods carry some of thier own skin textures or the like with them. Otherwise the thuggysmurf mods list like depravity and fusion city would be a gold mine, but they never seem to look the same after SLM save. I even messaged him asking for a seperate preset package to be published but he seems mostly retired .

Your method ultimately works and I use it all the time too, just understand it will not work 100% of the time, maybe 75% of the time. 🙂

As for Commonwelath Captives they are  a great addtion to your female settler pool, but you cannot change thier apperenace via SLM.

You cna copy their looks via SLM then save but it does not work for all of them.

I still use CW Captives since it always supplies extra pretty girls.

For example i use this mod, gender ratios:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/66018

To set settlers that spwnn via radio at my settlers to all Male.

That way i have a population base that can then absord plenty of built (settler builder) or rescued (commonwealth captives) beauties.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@363rdChemicalCompany I see.

I will edit  Commonwealth Captives now anyway, set them all to level offset. So if I SLM a CC, they will get invisible as well?  I did add 3 to a settlement earlier and they did look dirty when I left them there. When I came back later I could not see them, well at least not find any dirt6y settlers, so I gathered the all with the SS2 gathering tool, looked at some settlers ID and which mod they came from and they where all there, those 3, but now they all did look very good.  😄 And I thought I had to remove all dirt at the base ID with CK...  Well I will if they do not clean up but I took a look at  some NPC and no one had grime or dirt set in CK.

I use all of ThuggySmurf's quest mods and they are great, original and extremely fun. I do think Fusion City is the one I like best, well right now at least.  😉

Edited by Pellape

6 hours ago, Pellape said:

@363rdChemicalCompany I see.

I will edit  Commonwealth Captives now anyway, set them all to level offset. So if I SLM a CC, they will get invisible as well?  I did add 3 to a settlement earlier and they did look dirty when I left them there. When I came back later I could not see them, well at least not find any dirt6y settlers, so I gathered the all with the SS2 gathering tool, looked at some settlers ID and which mod they came from and they where all there, those 3, but now they all did look very good.  😄 And I thought I had to remove all dirt at the base ID with CK...  Well I will if they do not clean up but I took a look at  some NPC and no one had grime or dirt set in CK.

I use all of ThuggySmurf's quest mods and they are great, original and extremely fun. I do think Fusion City is the one I like best, well right now at least.  😉

-after the rescue and after you leave them they will all lose the dirt by the next day.

that is normal.

-Also, yes the CC girls will turn invisible if you apply a SLM set to them. I have observed them turn insivible either immediate or taking until a  cell reset so YMMV, but in any event it doesnt work for more than a moment and they usually look quite good even w/o any improvements.

-Do you have a working AAF installation? if so you can ask the girls to show you some gratitude for the rescue before you agree to give them settlement membership, and they will definetly show gratitude.  Once they are settlers they have only the normal settler dialogue options.

But if you dont have AAF , but u run CC I am really curious what happens if you use that dialogue option (is it even there?, I dont know I never had CC w/o AAF) and you dont have AAF and use the dialogue will it just be black screen and a note or? I am just curious.

- Have you been able to successfuly take SLM presets off Thuggys NPCs? I always loved that blonde in Fallons office in Depravity not the harley Quinn type, the other one. but when I take her as a preset, it never comes out just right.  Some of them have worked out for me but definitly only a fraction look close to what I hoped for.

- Another note: I widely use zed140s "living" series for premade settlements, already populated. But many of them are short of women, so I build extra beds and bust up a large raider or supermutant camp with CC set to max captive chances and then treck there with as many as 7 girls in tow and give them to the town.

I assign them to pick the corn,melons, grain etc, in the middle of settlement so with thier level 2 they are safer. Which frees up all the men (with thier elevated levels form better Settlers) to occupy guard postions and other spots around town. Since the men are generated via normal means Better settlers "hooks" into them and makes them Level 25/45 and so they will be much better suited to be troops. 

I am not 100% about one thing; if my better Settlers install with settlers set to mortal, if that mortality will affect my CC sourced, or my settler builder sourced girls as well, since they are always so well protected by the time the fight comes to them, its over.

I know for sure it affects my fighters because they do sometimes die in battle during settlement attacks; not often mind you, because I equip them with some of the best the Commonwealth has to offer in armor and weapons, I even give them all the legenadies I dont use myself and sometimes even some of those. 

And At the main entrance, if the settlement is large and/or important, I usually have a settler guard in Power Armor with a heavy weapon, or a legendary non heavy. I use this to accomplish that: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10792

Key locations get even more than one Power Armored troop

Here Check it out. Someville Minutemen Miltia getting ready to launch a Ground Domination Patrol into the Glowing Sea to deny Atom' Storm Forces use of key terrain and facilities in the Glowing Sea.

I usaully build Somerville up into a garrison to rival the Castle as the Glowing Sea, a large Supermutant Camp, A large Gunners base, and (mod provided) Atoms Storm Forces all are in relative proximity and Somerville is the  "Schwerpunkt" of my defense of the Commonwealth from those forces.

Somerville anchors my entire Southwestern flank.

Low quality pic but you get the gist:

20230619001047_1.jpg

156746938-1688393925.jpg

AAF is a requirement, so yes. I use  Sim Settlements 2, building half day and quest the other half.  🙂

Well I did learn a thing or 2, that when I edit one of the Workshop Settlers, it effects the Object ID and after a  reload all have the same look, which was a bit annoying, specially as I was not pleased  with that look.  😄

I do not like Power Armors really, I even removed Paladin Danse's one and maybe that is the smallest mod I have ever make, light esp of course.  😄  I do use special jewels for my guards, which are meant for females, so all guards with a few exceptions are females. The jewels are found in this companion mod. I do use all companions  as guards as soon as I reach max aff with them.

15 minutes ago, Pellape said:

AAF is a requirement, so yes. I use  Sim Settlements 2, building half day and quest the other half.  🙂

I forgot about that, I know a lot of the older salacious mods in lieue of AAF would just dark screen for a second and tyhen there'd be a ext msg afterwards. but if CC has AAF as a requirement that makes sense.

As for levels. SInce all the CC girls are young that means to me they cannot be high level, beause that is a Function of experience gaining (both in game and real life).

So for these 19-23 looking females level 2 , the game default, always seems apt.

For a long time I used to spawn Far harbor male settlers exclusively to form my guards since they mostly looked around early 40s to early 50s so a high level as provided by better settlers was plausible to me.

• Like 1

OK, to clarify from my last post, all "spawning" settlers are created from a "template".  Spawned settlers, when you target them in console have an ID similar to "FF2645c1f" - they all start with FF.  You CANNOT make persistent changes to their looks with slm.  When you type "help settler 4" into the console, it will bring up a list of all settlers existing in game, both "spawned" (FFNNNNNN), and their base "template" ids, which start with the number that the mod is in the load order.  You cannot make persistent changes to FF settlers.

So if you had better settlers, and it was 0E in your load order, you can adjust the appearance of every settler that has the base id beginning with 0E, using my steps above, and it will persist.  Same with base game settlers.

Try it on 001c268b.  This is a base game settler (so everyone has).   Spawn them, adjust their looks, disable them, save and exit game and restart, and every settler that uses this model as their template will have their appearance changed.