How to connect exterior and interior cell for ship modules?

Hi guys, it's me asking stupid questions while in my modding baby shoes again, but I really hope you can help me out.

I'm trying to release my "swimming pool hab" as a mod. So far I'm doing not too shady as a complete newby. My hab is showing at the vendors, interior cell itself looks fine, exterior from the outsid looks fine, too... 

BUT: There seems to be something missing. I linked the exterior and interior cell here:

image.thumb.jpeg.0a6b521540400d1bdd9b1fd2c0886c49.jpeg

but it still looks like this (view from cockpit to my hab):

image.thumb.jpeg.e40269e8be0afc5a73ff03e18de0e870.jpeg

Pretty sure I simply missed something, but can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You are missing a transform that changes the "wall segment with shelving" to a "door segment" when connected to another hab.  Your storage cell has to contain both parts.

1 hour ago, DirtyDan86 said:

That sounds perfectly right, thank you! Is there an „object“ to put into my interior cell, or how can I set this transform?

No idea lol  I just know what causes it, from working on changing a 3x3 cargo bay into colonist quarters, stacked beds replacing most of the wall modules.  I ran into the same issue, but I solved it by just not replacing the walls where I wanted doors.

But don't feel bad.  Those new "empty" habs that Bethesda added?  They made the same mistake.  There are several places where the transform is only half done, and when you attach a door there the shelves vanish, but there is no replacement wall and you fall through the floor.

That‘s weird. I am using a 3x3x2 hab that came from the original DerreTech mod and modified the interior cell, but even when I copy and link the interior of for example Tiger Shipyard‘s hab without even touching it, I‘m getting the same result.

There literally seems to be one missing thingy that you need to place/set to connect it properly.

Posted (edited)

Im having the exact same issue when I make or duplicate habs. Following in case we get an answer.

EDIT: after further testing it appears that when you duplicate an interior the LinkedRef data is removed from every wall/shelf that would disappear when a door is placed between habs. I was able to fix this by going into the interior within the render window, right clicking the wall/shelf where a door could be placed, and choose Edit, then the LinkedRef tab. If you compare this to the default interior you will see what you need to copy over. I couldn’t find an easy way to copy it over so i had to manually add in the LinkedRef data for each wall/shelf where a door could be placed. It requires you to open the exterior hab cell in the render window to get the name of the corresponding door which will lead into your custom interior cell. 

There has to be a quicker or more efficient way of adding the LinkedRef data but I haven’t figured that part out yet.

Edited by MastaTgray
Resolved part of the problem

Thank you very much, that‘s it!!

But you‘re right, there has to be a quicker solution than doing it all manually.

But now I‘m already facing the next problem: The water inside the ship always has environmental microbe contamination 🙄

33 minutes ago, DirtyDan86 said:

But now I‘m already facing the next problem: The water inside the ship always has environmental microbe contamination 🙄

Make sure you are using the "right" water.  You need WaterClear (or whatever the right name is), instead of WaterBiological.

I‘m using „Water16mClearSterileSmooth“, that‘s why I don‘t get it. Is the ship reactor causing this and it‘s intended?

EDIT: I noticed something really strange. For testing, my ship is on a landing pad next to my dream home on Nesoi. That‘s where I get the environmental damage for microbe contamination. I landed on Jemison with my test ship and everything‘s fine!

But here‘s the strange part: I have also built an infinity pool right at my dream home on Nesoi with the same water, but at that „outpost“ it‘s perfectly safe (50 meters from my landing pad and ship).

Outposts and ships aren't the same.  An outpost is technically a Worldspace, so it can set it's own environmental rules, like walking around The Lock without a helmet, which is required every place else on Suvorov.  A ship is just an interior cell, so it is likely picking up "planet" traits from wherever you are landing.

You can try assigning your hab the keyword PlanetWaterQuality01Safe, see if that overrides the local planet setting.