How to make simple mod working on existing save? CK

Rcmo

Hi, i edited carryweight in creation kit. However mod is working fine on new save, but wont work on existing save? Any idea why? 

When I add mods mid-playthru, when I go to load my save, the game asks me if I want to use the load order from the save, or the current load order, if yours asks you that, tell it 'current'.... see if that works.

21 hours ago, Rcmo said:

Any idea why?

This is because your current carryweight is saved in your savegame and the savegame loads after everything else.

Your mod is just a start condition, the same as the starfield.esm.

If you want to change a value that has already been set in the game, you must use the console or write a script.

1 hour ago, markusm1000 said:

This is because your current carryweight is saved in your savegame and the savegame loads after everything else.

Your mod is just a start condition, the same as the starfield.esm.

If you want to change a value that has already been set in the game, you must use the console or write a script.

Yeah, that's not true.  Mods can change previously set values.  The problem you run into is changing a variable that is shared by multiple things, which means it gets changed back.

For the OP, try visiting Enhance to force a character update.  Just change your hair or something and exit, see if that works.