i have an obse question.

I have obse installed from about 2018 i just got a 4k monitor (3840x2160) obse doesnt even load up now it worked fine before i got this monitor. so im not sure if that was something  that could cause that. Also if I wanted to update obse how would i go about that?
thanks alot

edit: i forgot to mention the base game with non obse mods works fine.

Edited by DrunkKagouti
spelling error

@DrunkKagouti Or from obse.silverlock.org (the OBSE devs' own site).  Make sure you use the correct version for your version of the game.

They also link to a community-maintained fork of it called xOBSE (hosted on Github).

Perhaps if you look into OBSE's log files as a first step? Obse.log, obse_loader.log or obse_editor.log could leave some hints. If not, I would try update OBSE to recent version, as others say. Then I would try to run OBSE without plugins (if you use them) an add them one by one. Regarding update the original doesn't have any automatic update, besides the newest 21.4 is years old. Recent xOBSE can be switched on for automatic updates in its obse.ini file by setting bCheckForUpdates to 1 (by default is switched off and personaly I didn't try it), but in older versions this feature isn't present too.