canr find SKSE exec file

OddLazlo

Edit: Issue resolved, thank you for the assistance. 🙂

Hello, just starting out on modding and ran into an issue early. Downloaded mod organizer and went to start new instance but, can't find SKSE. Went to browse and followed the steps on the video but, when i look in the folder for the game, the exec file isnt there. Yet when i go looking just in my normal file browser, the exec file is there. Am i missing something here? This is the video im following:

this is my MO2 browser window:

image.png.0585a2ed4c4dd5e0403302427bd0268e.png

And this is my normal file browser:

image.png.213bfb993278b0092d2c7df62f47728b.png

The path is the same but, the file isnt there.. If anyone could help with suggestions id appreciate it.

You have to install SKSE in your main Skyrim SE folder.  Go to the SKSE site and download the 7z file for your version of the game (probably the 1.6.1170 one).  Then unpack the files into your Skyrim Special Edition folder there. ↑

Get 7-Zip too, if you don't already have a program that can read .7z files (7-Zip itself, WinRAR, etc).

EDIT: And if you're looking for the Skyrim forums here, scroll to the top of any forum page, and go to Game Communities (on desktop 🖥️💻) or the ≡ menu > Browse > Game Communities (on mobile 📱).  Hit Join Community next to Skyrim to post there.

Edited by AaronOfMpls
  • Like 1