Issues paying for Premium

Thoth144

I've split your post into its own topic as it's not really related to the one you posted in. 

What is the error you are seeing? 

Quite often it's an issue at your card provider or your browser addons breaking the form. 

Posted (edited)

I have a maestro card, a debit card.

From abn amro that's Dutch.

I get "Unable to validate VAT number. Please try again later."

Also it asks for a company name, i'm a civilian.

Now, if i would be an autist, and i put myself under financial protection.

Then who's VAT number do i enter. Or does it not matter, if i am the physical card owner.

These problems above, i do not have with Steam.

Cause your methods really don't work for Europeans.

Question is it ok, for someone else to pay with their card.

Like my accountant.

Greetings.

Edited by Thoth144

Thanks for providing more information on this. It's definitely a weird one. 

Are you registered as a business in some way? A VAT number is usually something required for business accounts (as I understand it).

It could somehow be related to the protection on your account. You may need to ask the bank for assistance on this one!

If you want to use someone else's card that's fine. Just please remember that by default a recurring subscription is created, so if you are borrowing a friend's card you may want to cancel that renewal once the first payment is taken. 

36 minutes ago, Thoth144 said:

I have a maestro card, a debit card.

From abn amro that's Dutch.

I get "Unable to validate VAT number. Please try again later."

Also it asks for a company name, i'm a civilian.

Now, if i would be an autist, and i put myself under financial protection.

Then who's VAT number do i enter. Or does it not matter, if i am the physical card owner.

These problems above, i do not have with Steam.

Cause your methods really don't work for Europeans.

Question is it ok, for someone else to pay with their card.

Like my accountant.

Greetings.

Hi Thoth144,

Please can you clarify where, or who, is asking for your VAT number and the company name? As far as I'm aware those are not things we ask for at all. Is it something your bank is asking for during some sort of ID check system that they have?

I just got this update.

"Authentication failed, you have not been charged. Please try again or choose a different payment method."

My card is a pincard, a debit card. I put myself under financial supervision. Stress from administration.

Could it be, they need to pay. And that they can pay for me. You know my financial supervisor.

And if i do not have a company.

I put in my cardnumber 19 numbers

my name on the card

experation date

CVV number, same as the last 3 numbers of my cardnumber.

Then i apply, and i get "Authentication failed, you have not been charged. Please try again or choose a different payment method."

If i type in my VAT, what is also our social security number for civilians.

It ain't recognized.

Could also be, that i do not know how to type my county, province. We don't have this stuff in most of Europe. We have towns, provinces and the country. What is a county.

The USA system does not work for us.

Your loosing money, this way. It's not just the Dutch, it's Germany, Belgium, Denmark all if the EU.

Hey thoth, we're actually in the UK and our payment processor is a UK company. I do not know the specifics of the system in the Netherlands but it sounds like there's some extra hoops you need to jump through, at your banks end, which are alien to us as we are not from the Netherlands, so it's going to be very hard for us to be able to help you.

I am aware that the Netherlands uses a system called "iDEAL" for a lot of their payments. We don't currently have this turned on at our end as we have only recently moved to using this payment processor and we want to walk before we run (and jump). It's possible this might have something to do with it?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dark0ne said:

Hey thoth, we're actually in the UK and our payment processor is a UK company. I do not know the specifics of the system in the Netherlands but it sounds like there's some extra hoops you need to jump through, at your banks end, which are alien to us as we are not from the Netherlands, so it's going to be very hard for us to be able to help you.

I am aware that the Netherlands uses a system called "iDEAL" for a lot of their payments. We don't currently have this turned on at our end as we have only recently moved to using this payment processor and we want to walk before we run (and jump). It's possible this might have something to do with it?

So ideal is a possibility in the future. Ideal is easy, it's a direct transfer. Ideal is like a company like paysafe only paysafe has a fixed amount of money.

Ideal goes direct from my bank account to that of yours.

THX for your help. And hope, that ideal will come back at a time.

If you want you can close this now. I have enough info, you do now.

And for anyone else, they can just read the post.

Edited by Thoth144

I've just spoken with the devs and we have iDEAL turned off for now while we work on this migration and ensure everything is working with the basic ways of paying. We are also ensuring all our current Premium Members get transitioned smoothly. We are scoping out some time in Q4 of this year to look at both iDEAL (for Dutch and future EU users) and Alipay (for Chinese users) to also work with the system. So you might have to wait a little while but that might be the easier option for you?

I am going to PM you the error we are seeing on our end for your payment that provides a little more insight. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

I figured it out. The only problem i now have is on your end. Your bank asks for a credit card, to be connected to paypal when i want to pay. I do not have to do that on other sides.

This way it looses the purposes of paypal.