Dark Face Bug Fix (for latest Skyrim AE)

Pentiman666

9 hours ago, BlazeStryker said:

The plague is back, I see. This issue is more recurrent than malaria. I am sure that work is already being done but you might want to take a look at what body change mods you have up as well. I know for a fact that Pandorable NPCs and Botox for MEN are a very bad mix, for starters.

i have neither of those 😕

Black face bug generally means that head part composition of an actor in .esp  does not match their head mesh.     Most likely caused by esp/head mesh mismatch.    One common cause: say you have a mod that changes some NPC appearances, and it installs their head meshes as loose files.   But then you install another mod that changes some NPC appearances, but it has its head meshes in a .bsa.   You will still however have the loose head mesh from first mod installed, and the game will use it.

Now, I use Vortex, so my recommendation is for Vortex, but I suppose MO2 has similar functionality.

You need More Informative Console   
Let's say Ysolda has dark face.    You check her in console and see that her base is initially defined in Skyrim.esm, and last changed by SomeMod.esp , and her base ID is 00013BAB.

Then, in Vortex, I locate the mod to which SomeMod.esp belongs, and I choose 'Open in file manager' action.    It opens staging directory for that mod, and you can see what files it contains.    It might have a .bsa file, or it might contain a loose files structure.    

If it has a .bsa:    Go into actual SSE game directory, and go Data/meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/skyrim.esm/, and look for 00013BAB.nif there.    If present, that is your culprit - it is a file installed by some other mod.   Delete it.    Also , go into Data/textures/actors/character/facegendata/facetint/skyrim.esm/  and delete 00013BAB.dds there.     If you run the game now, hopefully Ysolda will be fixed.    Next time you deploy, Vortex will complain about files you deleted missing - confirm that you want to save this change.

If it has a loose files structure - again, in Vortex, choose 'Manage File conflicts' action.   See if it lists the files I mention above as conflicted, and make sure that SomeMod has priority over whatever else is there.