WITCHER 3 - MODS LOAD ORDER

SP3CNAZ

@Nagev @insomnious @Pickysaurus

Hi.
I have to report this again.
If a mod contains multiple subdirectories/parts, for example
Brother In Arms contains dlcBrothersInArms and modBrothersInArms.

Vortex sets both of these directories as priority in mods.settings, i.e. dlcBrothersInArms and modBrothersInArms.

We need a patch that restores this to the previous state when everything was working properly, as you can see in the image below:

Vortex should mark the entire mod for the loading order, i.e. “Brothers In Arms Mod”, not the modification folders.

image.png

Edited by SP3CNAZ
  • Like 1

I just got an extension update, it was done before I could see which one, but my Witcher 3 extension is now on version 1.6.4 now. Is that the one that should have the fix?

In any case, with that version the issue is not fixed. Also when disabling all mods en then renabling just one mod with the issue (I took Brother in Arms again) it's still added twice to mods.settings. I also see it as two entries under de Load Order section in Vortex.

Edit: I see on Github that 1.6.5 should have the fix. Will retest later.

Give Vortex another reboot and it should pick up the update. We had to update the manifest file twice (once for Starfield, and once for Witcher 3) quite close to each other and I think Vortex will only check a certain amount of times per hour.

The Witcher 3 update went through at approx 14:30 BST.

Thanks

54 minutes ago, insomnious said:

Give Vortex another reboot and it should pick up the update. We had to update the manifest file twice (once for Starfield, and once for Witcher 3) quite close to each other and I think Vortex will only check a certain amount of times per hour.

The Witcher 3 update went through at approx 14:30 BST.

Thanks

After the update, only the DLC is not listed in the GUI, other than that nothing has changed.

Edited by shitaro

Yes, for Brother in Arms (again as example) in Vortex in the Load Order screen it now just shows modBrothersInArms. dlcBrothersInArms is not there anymore. But in mods.settings, I still have them both and with duplicate prio:

[dlcBrothersInArms]
Enabled=1
Priority=0
VK=BIA - TW3 Bug Fix and Restored Content Collection-7329-2-2-1683912038
[modBrothersInArms]
Enabled=1
Priority=0
  • Sad 1

No, that's not correct SP3CNAZ, this should have the value equal to the name of the directory that's created under Witcher 3\Mods, and that is "modBrothersInArms" in this case. I double checked this in a few old mods.settings files I made a back up of in the past, and they are all named like that. This is part of a file from about a year ago:

[modZBrothersInArms_LOD]
Enabled=1
Priority=1337
VK=BIA - LOD Bundle-7329-2-0-1677354077
[modBrothersInArms]
Enabled=1
Priority=1338
[modBetterTorchesNextGen]
Enabled=1
Priority=1581
VK=Better Torches Next-Gen-7186-4-0-3-1676592383

@Phaz42

Hmm, I guess you're right, I got confused because a year ago it was in the load order tab as a whole mod, not separately dlc and mods like now.

Only in this way is it correct:

[modBrothersInArms]
Enabled=1
Priority=1

Edited by SP3CNAZ