Terrain/Landscape changes and editing do not show up in-game for my esm but do for other esms?

StillSummit

I made a house mod for my current playthrough situated outside the Northern Passage, that means it belongs to the WastelandNV worldspace, I edited the landscape there, nothing crazy, just made some grounds a meter higher, and then went ahead to generate LOD for WastelandNV to reflect the changes in-game but once I go in-game nothing changes for the landscape, every item and static is there but not the landscape edits. I generated LOD for my mod, Nova Arizona and Zion Trail which all edit the landscape in WastelandNV but only *my* mod reflects no change.

I know it worked for Arizona and Zion because I tried going to Arizona without LOD generated, everything would clip into each other and there was random terrain that I could see through everywhere. After generating, everything was gone, it was fixed, no random terrain or glitches, but my own esm mod stayed unchanged? No glitchy terrain, no random terrain I can clip through and no changes to the terrain either, nothing, it is like LODGen only applies changes for everything but my mod, completely ignoring it's landscape edits but everything else appears as seen in the GECK? What could be the cause of this?

After you made the changes but before you started the game, did you toggle Archive Invalidation?  If you are using VORTEX, the built-in Archive Invalidation does not always work.  You might have to toggle it a few more times or use the stand alone version that is here on Nexus Mods.

51 minutes ago, StillSummit said:

I don't use Vortex, I use MO2

Your MO2 NV profiles will need archive invalidation on, too.  If I remember right, MO2 is smart enough to turn it on by default when it makes a default profile for the pre-Skyrim Bethesda games -- Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 & NV.*

(At least in portable instances, which are what I've used so far.)

* Even very early versions of Skyrim needed it too, before the Creation Kit came out.

Edited by AaronOfMpls
nonessential footnote

2 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

Your MO2 NV profiles will need archive invalidation on, too.  If I remember right, MO2 is smart enough to turn it on by default when it makes a default profile for the pre-Skyrim Bethesda games -- Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 & NV.*

(At least in portable instances, which are what I've used so far.)

* Even very early versions of Skyrim needed it too, before the Creation Kit came out.

Any idea how to check if that is on in MO2?

Yes.  Go into the Profile pulldown → <Manage...>.  Select each profile, and look if "Automatic Archive Invalidation" is checked.  It probably should be, unless you're using some other method of archive invalidation.

Screenshot_2024-08-08_14-00-17.png.fe5927172262f3dc1a625388e202f782.png

More info: Archive Invalidation - How to use (Nexus article) by zzjay.

(Ignore that my MO2 mentions Oblivion, not Falout: New Vegas; I don't have MO2 set up for NV at the moment. 🙂  Also ignore my odd window buttons, since I'm using Linux.)

Edited by AaronOfMpls
more in ignore note; smaller font on ignore note

23 hours ago, StillSummit said:

It would seem that yes, it is by default on, so that can't be the problem of my mod sadly. Thanks for the pointers though. 

Did you disable Archive Invalidation and then enable it after you activated our .esm?  Archive Invalidation needs to be toggled, not left on, for changes to become active.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2024 at 3:35 PM, M48A5 said:

Did you disable Archive Invalidation and then enable it after you activated our .esm?  Archive Invalidation needs to be toggled, not left on, for changes to become active.

Oh man I had no idea. I'll try disabling it, enabling my esm and then enabling the function and see how that works out. So far nothing else has worked.