NPC replacers

Honover

Hi. I am currently trying to replace each and every NPC with EasyNPC. And besides the obvious replacers like Northbourne or Dibella Bless, I found three more (Faithful Face, Modpocalypse NPCs, High Poly NPC Overhaul) that kinda cover most of the ‘minor’ NPCs. And unfortunately looking into the faces of each npc for comparison is not an option. So I would like to know the opinion of others about these mods. Which one is more enjoyable to play with?

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder.    Which is why there are so many replacers for various NPCs.    Serana alone has like 10 pages worth of replacers.    For me, if a replacer is available from say, LamaKreis, or GLAMbazoonga, I'll take it over others.   Heck, I actually repurposed some of LamaKreis add-on followers as replacers for NPCs in my game.      

• Like 2

On 8/16/2024 at 11:46 PM, scorrp10 said:

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder.    Which is why there are so many replacers for various NPCs.

And also why some of us don't go for NPC replacers much at all -- I'm fine with NPCs' vanilla appearances. 

I think the only NPC replacer I have is wolfgrimdark's Erik the Slayer - Now Older and Wiser.  Which honestly doesn't change his face very much; it only ages him a little and makes him a rather buffer barbarian.  Combine my own love of buff barbarians with my love of wolfgrimdark's old Skyrim screenshot stories featuring Erik alongside the author's original character Grim (pdf archives here, among other files), and it was definitely going in my game. 😀

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AaronOfMpls said:

I think the only NPC replacer I have is wolfgrimdark's Erik the Slayer - Now Older and Wiser.  Which honestly doesn't change his face very much....

Oooh, thanks for that tip. I'll download that now. I'm not big on NPC replacers either. I always install the bijin series just because of how amazed I was with it thirteen or so years ago, so to me it's not skyrim without that mod. But frankly I don't really even check follower mods and NPC replacers. If I see an NPC whose appearance truly bothers me (due to being unrealistic, not due to aesthetics), then I just use skse/racemenu to change their face in-game.

When I see presets I like, I save them:

1. Target NPC (or myself)

2. skee preset-save [name of file with number I'll remember]

(example might be skee preset-save orcf01)

Then when I see someone I want to replace:

1. Target NPC

2. skee preset-load [name of file]

The saved presets from this process go into the Data\SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Exported directory.

12 hours ago, Karna5 said:

If I see an NPC whose appearance truly bothers me (due to being unrealistic, not due to aesthetics)

Oh yah, back in Oldrim, it bothered me that the Alik'r Prisoner got to keep his usual clothes in jail, when everyone else (including the player character) had to wear roughspun or rags.  So I modded him to wear the default prisoner outfit instead.  I've ported that mod to my own SE game (along with others), but I haven't gotten around to uploading the SE version here yet.

• Like 1