Terrain west of the Mojave Outpost

Drecknich

I'm working on a little expansion to the Long 15 and I was wondering if there is any reason I shouldn't use the already generated and unused terrain past the Mojave Outpost fence?

I've noticed that the terrain on the very edge of the map starts to flicker if you get close and that gives me pause to start building. I've read through what little documentation I can find on the subject of GECK terrain but I can't find anything that references that specific issue. I'm assuming it's a long distance flag I've missed somewhere and if so, how would I go about removing it. I'm totally new to terrain manipulation so excuse my ignorance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

There have been other mods that have used that area.

You'll have a few issues.

The first issue is that you'll need to require a mod that disables the existing borders, or else you'll need to make similar changes. I can't remember if that area uses invisible walls or a border region to keep the player and NPCs out.

The second issue is that a lot of the terrain objects (rocks, etc) often aren't properly placed. They look fine from a distance, but up close they look like they are floating above the ground.

Your flickering issue is probably related to LOD. Try regenerating LOD and see if that helps.