Game crashing when trying to start the Freestar Rangers questline

Timeward

Whenever I try to talk to emma wilcox to start the freestar rangers questline, the game just crashes with no warning. I don't know what might be causing it. Attached is a screenshot of my modlist, still modest right now. Using Vortex Mod Manager.

Edit 1: Even using quest stage to skip the first conversation, the game still crashes when trying to talk to emma wilcox at the rock

image.thumb.png.6e1a0cfbfcd7d959a2b3546f0e250fa2.png

Edited by Timeward
Additional Info.

3 hours ago, HeyYou said:

I would suspect the various USU mods.... quest rewards in particular..... I have no idea what they all do though...

I am not entirely sure either, its been a while since I added them... I'll test without them
Update: I get further along in the conversation, but still crash

Edit 2: Even using quest stage to skip the first conversation, the game still crashes when trying to talk to emma wilcox at the rock

Edited by Timeward

1 hour ago, Timeward said:

I am not entirely sure either, its been a while since I added them... I'll test without them
Update: I get further along in the conversation, but still crash

Edit 2: Even using quest stage to skip the first conversation, the game still crashes when trying to talk to emma wilcox at the rock

Are you testing on a save made before the mod(s) were installed?  The mod data may likely be baked into your current save, so even removing the mod may still leave the data in your save, thus still resulting in a CTD.

11 hours ago, smr1957 said:

Are you testing on a save made before the mod(s) were installed?  The mod data may likely be baked into your current save, so even removing the mod may still leave the data in your save, thus still resulting in a CTD.

Yeah, especially scripts......

Just replying to let you know I'm having the exact same problem. And looking at your load order we do not have any mods in common accept the community patch 

Edit: I updated the community patch and script extender and was able to get through the conversation