NMM 0.47.0 "forced" update to fix the download issues

Dark0ne

In response to post #11782670.

And what would it do, had you been warned?
The only options after a 'forced' update like this will be to either download it regardless or to never use any NMM anymore until what's so important to you is finally fixed.
It's not like you'd had an option that'd make any difference to how it is now.

Granted, a warning like that on the download page would at least have removed "1" of the complaints about it missing from the comments here, or so I hope, but going by past experience and people never reading, not even big red blinking warnings they have to click away, the others likely would've remained regardless. So not much would've changed at all.

And they don't let you download a version that is "broken". If it wouldn't work at all, it wouldn't be available for download.
Just because 1 feature isn't working, no matter how important it might be for you, the release is still far from broken, if others work.

And that's the nature of joining a beta test group. Be prepared to encounter errors and missing or broken features. Report them when you find them, so they can be fixed in the next release.
OR opt out of the beta testing process until it goes live. It's not like you're "forced" to use it or it's the only way to download and install mods from here. And they always invite you to do so themselves.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #11782670. #11785605 is also a reply to the same post.

"And what would it do, had you been warned?"

I would not have downloaded it, and would have still been able to enjoy the use of a feature that is now broken.

"Granted, a warning like that on the download page would at least have removed "1" of the complaints about it missing from the comments here, or so I hope, but going by past experience and people never reading, not even big red blinking warnings they have to click away, the others likely would've remained regardless. So not much would've changed at all."

A lot of people are stupid and don't read warning messages. Therefore we should never warn people about bugs that we know are present in software updates.

"And that's the nature of joining a beta test group. [...] OR opt out of the beta testing process until it goes live. It's not like you're "forced" to use it"

Irrelevant. I never claimed that they had "wronged me" in any legal sense or that I had any right to demand better service. I simply criticized them for not taking an easy step that would have prevented me from downloading an "update" that broke a feature that I used basically every time I used the software. Edited by JohnNewton

I have downloaded a mod manually, then I have tried to install it via NMM as I do since the beginning, but what is happening here is that it tells me that I need to be online to do this, but back then before the new update it doesnt, is that suppose to be that way or just an error on my part, NOTE: am not online most of the time