NMM 0.47.0 "forced" update to fix the download issues

Dark0ne

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Latest version not shown. This will not show until after you check for updates. NMM updates on a schedule set by YOU - the default is 3 days, but YOU can change that in the settings ( gears icon - upper left side) If you have recently updated - it does not try to fine new updates again for three days ( unless you change that in the settings) HOWEVER, just in case you want to do it right now, there is an icon on the left side of the Mods page that looks like a curved green arrow - click on that and it will immediately check for any updates. :thumbsup:

2. New downloaded NMM does not install when you click on it. This is from the Windows UAC trying to prevent a change to an already installed program. To get around this without loosing the UAC protection -

RIGHT click on the program. At the bottom of the pop up, select Properties.

A new pop up will appear - look at the top and click the Compatibility tab.

Another new pop up - look at the bottom and find the Run this Program as an Administrator. - click on the box and a check mark should appear - click on Apply, then OK. You may have to do this each time a new version is released.

3. You will not have to either re-download or reinstall any mods - they will still be there. :yes:

4. NMM is still a Beta program and is still being actively developed. Changes may be made at any time - not all will be backward compatible. Occasionally, a change will require a 'forced' reinstall instead of using the internal 'check for a new version' feature that automatically updates for you - a forced reinstall means the old version is not going to be allowed to access the mods database because of a change that could cause a problem. You MUST install it manually, just as if you had never used the program - On this one you do not have to even uninstall the old version, just allow the new version to overwrite the old one in the same location. :cool:

I download manually and have always done so. But now as I just tried, cannot install a mod on my HDD unless I'm logged in with 47.1, I don't need to be logged in if the file is already downloaded. Not sure what's up with that but thinking of dropping NMM altogether. No offense of course. Edited by Sartori75