NMM 0.47.0 "forced" update to fix the download issues

Dark0ne

In response to post #11713667.

There was a user in the NMM forums reporting the exact same issue, some of his previously downloaded mods were not showing up in the list in the new NMM.
He reported back with "Nevermind, found it.", so I guess he figured out what he did wrong so they didn't show up. Sadly he didn't say what he did to make them show up again.

Is there by chance some filtering or categorizing system in place inside the NMMs mod lists? Maybe something is 'filtering out' your ENB files from displaying and you need to switch/deselect the filter for them to show up? A categorization is coming closest, as it's apparently all ENBs that's missing, at least you haven't reported anything else to be missing as well so far.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

Can you help with a little problem, how can i update NMM?

I have version 0.46.0 and today i run it but it said THIS VERSION OF NMM IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED. PLEASE UPDATE.

I tried to log in because there is a botton to update in the program but i couldnt, so i tried to do it offline but when i click on the botton nothing happens.

First i thought my firewall didnt allow the update but i dont think thats the problem, i also download the lasted version of NMM but i dont want to run it yet without previous advise (i dont want to make a mistake and eliminate all the mods i already installed)

I would appreciate if you could help me!! I dont know where to ask if not..

In response to post #11715766.

Apart from this going into "program files", a red light condition from past experience to me, you told you're always running the NMM 'as administrator'. Is there a chance you're "not" running the installer 'as administrator' also?

"Requires elevation" sounds like this user needs to be elevated to a higher user level for more access rights to me... although this being a Windows OS the message could of course mean anything and everything instead as well. They aren't exactly meaningful in the later versions anymore.

If it's worth anything, "bladeye" in another comment reported the exact same error message, then next comment it was gone. There's no telling how it was overcome though, sadly. Or am I just misreading and the solution actually was already mentioned in the first post even?

In response to post #11715959.

Right from the last paragraph of the news article above:
Once again, the update process for NMM is very simple. Indeed, it seems to freak people out when they don't update from "within" NMM. Actually, all NMM does is download the latest update from the site for you. You still have to click through the install process. To "manually" update NMM simply go to our NMM download page and download it. Once you run the installer you've hit the exact same step you'd have hit if you'd clicked "yes" to updating from within NMM. All you need to do is ensure that the paths in the installer to where you have NMM and your mods installed are correct. That's it. All your mods will still be where, and how, you left them.

Don't know any source of advice more trustworthy in this regard than the site owner.

In response to post #11712920. #11713826 is also a reply to the same post.

Looking at all the forums and posts, I don't think he's the only one. I haven't been able to connect to the login server since I was forced to update to 47.1 yesterday afternoon, although I can log in to the website without any issue. I've uninstalled, re-downloaded, and re-installed 47.1 four times. Now all I can do is wait till someone figures out there's a problem.

I wonder what means the NMM uses to detect whether or not someone's logged in on the website. The message when they're unable to connect to the login servers tells you must be, so maybe for some reason this one's failing for the select few unable to login?

Is it cookie-based or something along that line? Cookies are already well-known to cause problems with other Nexus functions, like storing your preference changes or the 'read topic' flags resetting after a random amount of time for some people, to name only a few.

And how comes some people can fix it by reinstalling the latest NMM all over again, while others still cannot?

Coming to think of it, if it is cookie-based or something along that line, maybe using a different browser to login to the site can help? Different browsers cause different cookie and temporary data issues, so it'd be worth a try at least.

And what about logging out from the site, then logging in again, to hopefully 'refresh' whatever information the NMM is using for this?

Also keep in mind, like Dark0ne already mentioned, to update your firewall settings. A new version of NMM could very well involve adding a new exception to the whitelist.

edit:

- Hmm, seems to be neither of any of it. I just installed the latest NMM in my Windows 8.1 Pro, after intentionally logging out from the Nexus sites first, then removing any and all cookies, temporary internet files and even website settings, and so far no trouble reaching the login servers right on first attempt. Guess there is no requirement to be logged into the Nexus sites at all to be able to log into NMM.

- Hmm, and I'm even working from inside a Virtual Machine running this Windows on my MacBook-Pro, did neither use 'run as administrator' to install it nor to start it, so you could say I'm rather the least to be expected to be able to connect with the servers flawlessly... Go figure. This is starting to be beyond me now.

- All I did was installing it to a place outside of program files, and Oblivion is installed outside of there, too, as you'll never catch me forcing the very same issues to occur I'm helping others to fix on a near daily basis, of course.

- I didn't yet mess with any Firewall or proxy settings either. The NMM seems to be using quite the straight-forward approach to me, with zero user interaction needed at all, provided one's taking 'exactly' the right steps required for issue-free mod using and 3rd party app installation in Windows environments ever since the beginning of Elder Scrolls modding... or maybe earlier even. Any special steps seem to be only necessary when one's intentionally using one or another of the 'error-prone' environment conditions somewhere during the process, basically 'forcing' the well-known and documented issues to arise.

- I'm at a loss now as to why still some people are having trouble with it.

/:edit

Unable to connect to login servers shouldn't be related, but those having issues when changing passwords should also keep in mind that different platforms impose different requirements for acceptable passwords here at the Nexus. What's accepted on the forums for example isn't necessarily a valid password at other places and vice versa.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

In response to post #11697765. #11697911 is also a reply to the same post.

So current behavior, insofar as client updates are concerned, is unchanged?

Edit: Just read the post again for giggles. Last night I had assumed client updates were clumped in with mod updates. I see now. Still the idea of a scheduling system seems like a happy medium even for mod updates. Edited by cavik