NMM 0.47.0 "forced" update to fix the download issues

Dark0ne

Please help

I changed my notebook and with this I changed to windows 8. Now i can not install any mod or even work with the manager. It starts scanning skyrim and then "error you have no permission to read this file". i followed the instructions, started and installed new, nothing helped..

Has anyone any idea? Thanks

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #11711150.

Okay that doesnt help me in the slightest telling me as a Moderator "Oh, I having no problems so ergo, nobody has problems." This is a load of Bull. I was having relatively low problems with the exception of the "File does not exsist" which to me was a minor annoyance since I could manually install. Now all I can do is just sit here and wait until this issue is resolve since I cant access any mods other than activating/deactivating the mods I already downloaded on the account I can not access the Nexus Login Server in the Mod Manager but I can on the site.

In response to post #11711150.

Okay that doesnt help me in the slightest telling me as a Moderator "Oh, I having no problems so ergo, nobody has problems." This is a load of Bull. I was having relatively low problems with the exception of the "File does not exsist" which to me was a minor annoyance since I could manually install. Now all I can do is just sit here and wait until this issue is resolve since I cant access any mods other than activating/deactivating the mods I already downloaded on the account I can not access the Nexus Login Server in the Mod Manager but I can on the site.

a) Nothing in my post was a direct response to any specific problem post. That you took it as such is your decision. I wanted to make clear that v0.47.1 is successful for many (most?) users.

b) Stating, "It doesn't work for me." is no more help than "It works fine for me." My point being that you are having an issue that others aren't, and MUCH more information is needed if anyone is going to be able to assist you.

"Run as Administrator", "Flush cache". "Re-boot", are all possible troubleshooting steps, but "It doesn't work" doesn't point to anything in particular.

PLUS, there is a different, dedicated forum for NMM feedback.

Perhaps the solution for your issue is already there...

After downloading the latest version, clicking next, making sure its on the right folder, and running NMM after it was installed, I get this strange error message:

"Unable to execute file:

a:GamesNexus Mod ManagerNexusClient.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 740.

The requested operation requires elevation"

What is causing this?

I think that clicking OK and then trying again to run NMM from the desktop works... but the Error 740 something - is very concerning..

Also:

I have updated NMM to the latest version. Now I can't find my REAL VISION ENB installation in NMM. I am probably missing more stuff, but all 4 or 5 RV NMM files (including older dated versions I haven't uninstalled) are not appearing in the NMM mod screen. Even if I refresh, update etc...

Now sure what's causing this, I have my RealVision ENB files in the NMM mod directory. Also, when I re-download one of the RV files, it said: "do you want to replace existing".

So essentially, there is a bug in detection of old mods (when updating)...

In response to post #11712920.

A) Im upset that I can't really access any Mods, and as such it is a possibility that I can take your post the wrong way and feel like you were being smarmy.

B) The Link you gave me has other people posting that they are unable to log into The Nexus Mod Manager just like me.

B cont) I have been running the Mod Manager as Administrator since I have got it last September, and I have rebooted my Computer numerious times. Though I dont know what or how to Flush Cache.

Since you did not see my post earlier in the day about my problem, I will provide screenshots.

http://puu.sh/6MDkf
http://puu.sh/6MDpj

Have you checked your firewall? When NMM updates, the program has obviously changed, your firewall is aware of this and will change it's settings accordingly to protect you. Either try turning off your firewall momentarily to test, or put exceptions in to your firewall for NMM again.

A little feature from 0.46.0 I missed was that it showed the version installed and the current version for all mods, it was a good way to quickly open up the mod page without searching it on the Nexus. I'd love to see that back in a future update! ^^

Edit: Nevermind, just saw there was an update that fixed this.

Edited by Lukezkee