The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Guesswork says they asked for a list of possibles with a service record of some kind attached, then picked from that.

Unless you've had contact with them before and someone remembered you, thought "get Werne, he's the right kind of bat-crap crazy we need for this one!" :biggrin:

Don't go! :ohdear:

Can't say that I have much of a service record, 5 months of field-time in Afghanistan, long-range sniping and explosives training, 3 months of training with Spetsnaz and JSO in Serbia and that's about it.

And I worked under American command a few times in my first and second tour, mostly providing support and informations to marines in the combat zone, might be that someone remembered me.

As for the don't go part, the hell I won't. I miss the sound of artillery in the morning, coupled with the smell of gunpowder and coffee. Besides, I can't die. I stepped on a landmine, got shot in the chest by a machinegun (5 bullet wounds), got shot by a sniper, I sat in the back of a truck that fell off a cliff, I got stabbed twice, I got shot with a pistol (2 times, in the back of my head), and I'm still alive.

Edited by Werne

I stepped on a landmine, got shot in the chest by a machinegun (5 bullet wounds), got shot by a sniper, I sat in the back of a truck that fell off a cliff, I got stabbed twice, I got shot with a pistol (2 times, in the back of my head), and I'm still alive.

Wow, that's some extraordinarily good luck ... long may it continue! :yes:

Guesswork says they asked for a list of possibles with a service record of some kind attached, then picked from that.

Unless you've had contact with them before and someone remembered you, thought "get Werne, he's the right kind of bat-crap crazy we need for this one!" :biggrin:

Don't go! :ohdear:

Can't say that I have much of a service record, 5 months of field-time in Afghanistan, long-range sniping and explosives training, 3 months of training with Spetsnaz and JSO in Serbia and that's about it.

And I worked under American command a few times in my first and second tour, mostly providing support and informations to marines in the combat zone, might be that someone remembered me.

As for the don't go part, the hell I won't. I miss the sound of artillery in the morning, coupled with the smell of gunpowder and coffee. Besides, I can't die. I stepped on a landmine, got shot in the chest by a machinegun (5 bullet wounds), got shot by a sniper, I sat in the back of a truck that fell off a cliff, I got stabbed twice, I got shot with a pistol (2 times, in the back of my head), and I'm still alive.

From now on your name is Rasputin :thumbsup:

Besides, I can't die. I stepped on a landmine, got shot in the chest by a machinegun (5 bullet wounds), got shot by a sniper, I sat in the back of a truck that fell off a cliff, I got stabbed twice, I got shot with a pistol (2 times, in the back of my head), and I'm still alive.

You obviously respawned :whistling: (That's a lot to live through though if you only had a year or two[?] of service!)

You obviously respawned :whistling: (That's a lot to live through though if you only had a year or two[?] of service!)

Almost four years now, I joined up when I was 16, had my first tour of Afghan when I was 17. Besides, some of those tings happened while I was still in training and some happened before I joined the army.

Edited by Werne