The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I love my amp, Playing Borderlands, and currently killing zombies. You know that low Thunder rumble you get when lightning strikes very far away, it so epic its AWESSSOMMMEE, my amp rulesss. Its not loud or anything just that i can feel it on the Wood floor with my Socks on http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif Edited by Thor.

I have a similar experience when playing Gran Turismo. Something in the speakers I have causes the glass in my room to vibrate from certain engine sounds, mostly large V-8s. Something kinda special about sparking up a GT-40 and it vibrating every window in the room.

Three of the "usual suspects" and their suspect sounds. All three vibrate my windows, especialy the Ford(#2, sounds like an apocalypse) and the Audi(#3, sounds like a jet)

Of all the cars in all the games I've driven with this setup, nothing shakes like this, the Mazda 7-8-7B. The B is a Group-C race car with a highly unusual rotory engine. Nothing in the world sounds quite like it, I've had the pleasure of watching one race live, and loud as that clip is, it's quiet compared to the real thing.

EDIT: I just got an Nvidia promt come up saying, basically, "Terribly sorry to inconvenience you but there's a new update you really should download, since Borderlands 2 won't run without it" I so love it when I get warned of bugs BEFORE they ruin my day. Let alone how much of a difference this driver update made to my speed in other newer gen games.

Edited by Vindekarr

I'm totally fed up today, maybe everybody else's bad days have rubbed off on me, I don't know...

I can't decide what I want to play, can't decide what to do about my dentist, can't decide what to do about my kids and generally can't decide what to do about my life in general I think.

:(

When I have days like that, I cleanup my PC, maybe work on one of my cars, go for a walk, stuff like that. Doing something physical is usually a good way to clear your head.

As a man with tiger blood once said; DUH! WINNING!

I just had an experience that I don't think I'll forget, and feel kinda proud of.

I was playing a game online-Dawn Of War, and one of my team-mates starting being a jerk. The abuse and targeting seemed to come from the player name I was running under at the time which was in Sanskrit. The problem player suddenly asked me, in a thick australian drawl "wut, yoo one 'o dem ****ing indian *****s?!" I asked him why it was any of his business, he laughed and made severel very foul, racist remarks about India and Indiansbefore deciding I was one. Not much offends me more than disrespecting someone over something they can't change about themself, but this was taken even further by a fellow Australian reffering to a far more ancient nation in such vulgar terms. I decided to punish him.

Locked into the game and with no way to block me, and by this point in too much of a racist rage to think to pull the speakers out, I new I literaly had a captive audience. What he wanted was an arguement, but I'm not good at arguements, I'm more a logic based person. Seeing I probably couldn't win an arguement anyway, I decded we'd spar and bicker on my terms. And that meant using logic, reason, and knowledge. Three things in his frame of mind, he lacked. It was also abundantly clear he had absolutely no idea what India was actually like-he knew he didn't like Indian people, but the only motivation he could come up with was that they were coming to Australia in growing numbers, which for whatever reason offended his casually fascist bogan's eye view.

I decided to educate him a little about India, telling him a little about it's past, and about how at some points in history, it's been a shining beacon of cultural co-existance. He didn't get it ofcourse, what he did get was angry, and tried to counter my arguements with the usual bogan platitudes of "australia for (white) australians' and the usual garbage. I might have shut him up by simply screaming that he was wrong but that doesn't work. Rather I dismantled his arguements, countered them, and worked to re-educate him rather than simply beating him down. But the most amazing thing was that it started to work. It wasn't immediate, but the wind visibly went out of him-he didn't apologise, or admit he was wrong. But he did eventually capitulate, in an idealogical sense, and that gives me hope that maybe bogans aren't iredeemably racist afterall. If I can make this one raging, steadfast bogan realise his arguements are flawed, then maybe I can make one realise that racism is flawed? one can only hope. It did leave me feeling optimistic, that's for sure.