The last poster wins

TheCalliton

How to be a professor in Croatia:

• Have a subject and dont teach the class anything about it for a whole year
  • Acquire money anyway

Congratulations, you've mastered the education system in Croatia.

Tutorial written by Iv000 © all rights reserved

• Acquire money anyway

Thank you, I wasn't sure as to how the guys that teach here become professors and now I know. ;D

And in other news, I decided to start a little business of my own since apparently, the military wants to fire me (I was about to quit anyway since my contract expired, this way I at least get more money). I've reassembled my old PC (Pentium 4 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM, 4x80GB IDE HDDs), installed Debian 7 XFCE on it and I'm currently using it as a home server, data storage for me and my girlfriend basically.

However, I talked with this one guy I know who wants to host a webpage for his company so we agreed that I'll be hosting it from that piece of crap next month. He doesn't want to pay 2500$ just to host a webpage so we talked it over and I agreed to do it for 500$. I'll have to learn how to use Apache, shouldn't be too hard though. My internet connection will be a bit crappier but my download/upload speed is decent so I don't think I'll have any problems, 28/2.6 MB/s speeds should be enough for a small company business webpage along with my needs.

And this way I can sit home on my arse all day and make money by doing so, it's a dream job. :happy:

• Acquire money anyway

Thank you, I wasn't sure as to how the guys that teach here become professors and now I know. ;D

And in other news, I decided to start a little business of my own since apparently, the military wants to fire me (I was about to quit anyway since my contract expired, this way I at least get more money). I've reassembled my old PC (Pentium 4 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM, 4x80GB IDE HDDs), installed Debian 7 XFCE on it and I'm currently using it as a home server, data storage for me and my girlfriend basically.

However, I talked with this one guy I know who wants to host a webpage for his company so we agreed that I'll be hosting it from that piece of crap next month. He doesn't want to pay 2500$ just to host a webpage so we talked it over and I agreed to do it for 500$. I'll have to learn how to use Apache, shouldn't be too hard though. My internet connection will be a bit crappier but my download/upload speed is decent so I don't think I'll have any problems, 28/2.6 MB/s speeds should be enough for a small company business webpage along with my needs.

And this way I can sit home on my arse all day and make money by doing so, it's a dream job. :happy:

I hope It works well for you and your account. :thumbsup:

• Acquire money anyway

Watch out some ISP providers dont allow users to host servers like that.

Check your contract first.

Watch out some ISP providers dont allow users to host servers like that.

Check your contract first.

Already checked with Optima, they allow it under one condition - the page must not exceed 16MB and I must not offer files for download. I'm okay with that, the page is 6MB. :happy:

But now I have to learn, unfortunately for me I hate learning. But I get paid so I don't care, I'll learn for money.