The last poster wins

TheCalliton

stuff from my head :wacko:

pc's mass effect. quote

From mass effect, Conrad, I haven't been shot in the head nearly enough times to make that sound like a good idea.

i win :biggrin: :biggrin:

Two chlldren were talking, The first one said,

"I saw a birdy up in the sky,

It dropped some white wash,

in my eye,

Gee! I'm sure glad Cows can't fly!"

The second child said, "Do you know why an Earth worm studied, "Judo"?

The first child said, "No! Why?"

The seond child said, "To learn how to flip the brid."

I Win!

Two chlldren were talking, The first one said,

"I saw a birdy up in the sky,

It dropped some white wash,

in my eye,

Gee! I'm sure glad Cows can't fly!"

The second child said, "Do you know why an Earth worm studied, "Judo"?

The first child said, "No! Why?"

The seond child said, "To learn how to flip the brid."

I Win!

soo thats what goes around in your head, Crazy :wacko:

i win

That's just left overs from my youth listening to the children talking around the neighborhood. If you want to read CRAZY stick around I listened to Calridge kids too.

Doah! For instance: The FoIA opened up files that were classified under the rules of the Freedom of Information Act that made it so even the Central Intelligence Agency stored files were not sarcred.

The first case that found out how tough the C.I.A. is though was a Ufology researcher seeking information about Roswell. According to what I heard, the researcher tried to get the files that were known to him via research. Only problem was the C.I.A. kept turning down the request forms that were written requests for individual files.

The Ufologist was threatening actions in court, when, one of the C.I.A. members reported that, "If they knew what specific folder the information requested was in they would not have any trouble turning the file over". Accordingly the Ufologist realized his mistake withdrew the lawsuits and typed a few questions with specific folder titles and finally got what he was looking for two years after he began trying to get the files.

Lot of good it did him. Other then piece meal information, with a lot of blacked out words he learned, "That unless you use the correct words in an exact sentence, the C.I.A. recognizes, they do not have to releash the information bound in any folders in their less then, "Top Secret" warehouse of information.

I win!

:glare: LIe, la lie, la lie, la lie... :ohmy: hmm? :devil: What do you mean exactly by, "If"? Could you be a little more specific? I did not have sex with M. L.. :fakenopic: It is not typically thought of as, "Sex". :iluvff: Procreative activity is not the same as what she did, by the way. :woot:

I WIN!

I don't see the point of wasting precious high school time on a foundation that middle school teachers should have established.
If you don't build on that foundation, it will simply deteriorate. And as I've said time and time again, there are lots of interesting and worthwhile ways high-school–level students can build on their grammatical knowledge.

If you think grammar is just about verb tenses and whether commas go inside or outside parentheses, that's because your teachers just chose to leave that thread hanging. (Did you notice how I masterfully switched from one stupid extended metaphor to another? Grammar!)

The school system is different in France, but we have the same problem : spelling, grammar, teached with old methods are inconsciously considered fascist and old fashioned.

I believe in the hard way : learning by heart. Forcing students to learn by heart there grammar rules first all reduces inequality. It gives a chance to the not very smart student to succeed, by hard work, and obliges the little genius to put his face in the mud of work. Moreover, learning by heart leads to an instinctfull knowledge, and not a cold, objective knowledge of the language, as one would think. It settles in your heart, and you will write as you breath. In France, spelling has become a big problem. In a lot of firms, employers are paying junior high schools teachers to learn to 20-40 years old well diplomed employees to speak and write the language correctly. This is directly related to an ideoligical state of mind that thought that grammar was an invention of the dominant elite to select and close their clan to the outsider.

I believe in rules. I also believe in breaking the rules. To break a rule, you have to know it by heart.

You see, Rimbaud was a revolution of liberty and heroism in the poetry forms and language. Yet, Rimbaud, at the age 14, was the 1st Price of the "Concours general the vers latins", which is a prestigious latin poetry contest. The guy wrote latin fluently, in alexandrins... at the age of 14. Unconcievable today.

If learning latin and the mother-language in old ways, can give us other Rimbauds, then I will do anything to come back to it.

Win