The last poster wins

TheCalliton

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/images/smilies/Smiley_Kung_Fu_Panda_02%5B1%5D.gif

And then...I remembered the tiny string. I saw it hanging from the bottom of my sleeping bed. I pulled on it. The little package I folded the amulet in fell in my hand. Sudden I could see the castle gate and a guard arguing with a man. Not just another average named man; a man with a purpose.

Suddenly I knew what he was looking for. As my sight and my thought were one he looked up from the jabbering guard. I felt as though he was looking right at me. I dropped the amulet and held the string like before and the vision stopped. My little sister shoved in the door and hollered at me to get washed up or I was in trouble. She seemed nicer now. As nice as a sister could get.

"Sure!" I felt my lips pinch tight when I was about to call her by my favorite name. She knew I thought it. She gave me that face. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/dry.gif I began to reason with her commanding behavior and the amulet sight I was given. I needed some comforting myself and I felt no reasurence would be felt if I continued without our familiar battle of wit. I whispered, "Stupid."

She heard me and the growing alarm on her face faded, "Harumph! Get washed up or I am going to tell on you!" She pointed at the amulet. Two magicians in the family would break Moms heart not to mention Dad's feelings about his future champion. "Maybe not!"

"Maybe not what?!" my little sister glared.http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/mad.gif

"Maybe this amulet is the only thing magical for me?" I looked at her. "Hold it!"

After she touched it her eyes went wide. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/woot.gif I watched her face. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/ermm.gif Than she screamed. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/yucky.gif I pulled it from of her hands.

"What did you see! Anything?!" I paused.

I felt cold, so cold, I couldn't stop shaking. My brother was staring at me horror and concern in his eyes, his arms snaked out, enfolding me in his strength and warmth. "What did you see! Anything?!" he breathed.

I looked up at him "A man, a man was pointing at me. Shouting. He was shouting."

"What did he say? Think Midgit, remember what he said. This is important!"

He had begun shaking too, but whether out of fear or excitement I couldn't tell at that point. He'd called me "Midgit" though and that meant he was concerned.

"He said.... he said..... I'm coming for you...for you both!" I stammered, and with that dissolved into tears that I thought would never stop.

"We've got to tell Dad and Mom!" I sucked in a deep breath. "We need to go to them now." I lifted the amulet and hung it around my neck and tucked it in my collar so it couldn't be seen. "Come on!" I opened the door and grabbed her hand. As we ran I heard a commotion and leaned near as window as we passed. The guards were trying to restrain the man down in the court yard. I wondered if we both had the vision of the same man. I looked out the next window as we passed it and I could see a number of the guards were down on their knees holding their hands on their wounds and trying to heal them before it was too late.

The man was a blur.

The next window we were passing I only slowed enough to see the count was growing in the mans favor. Than I saw it. A shroud of darkness near the man and it seemed to have arms growing out of it. I turned to my sister and picked her up without thinking and ran for the council chambers.

"We've got to tell Dad and Mom!" I sucked in a deep breath. "We need to go to them now." I lifted the amulet and hung it around my neck and tucked it in my collar so it couldn't be seen. "Come on!" I opened the door and grabbed her hand. As we ran I heard a commotion and leaned near as window as we passed. The guards were trying to restrain the man down in the court yard. I wondered if we both had the vision of the same man. I looked out the next window as we passed it and I could see a number of the guards were down on their knees holding their hands on their wounds and trying to heal them before it was too late.

The man was a blur.

The next window we were passing I only slowed enough to see the count was growing in the mans favor. Than I saw it. A shroud of darkness near the man and it seemed to have arms growing out of it. I turned to my sister and picked her up without thinking and ran for the council chambers.

My crying turning into hiccups as my brother picked me up and began running. He wouldn't let me look through the windows and I realised we were heading to the council chambers.

"No!" I yelled. "The dinning halls. They'll already be there! Guests remember?"

A trade delegation with full ambassadorial support had turned up, totally boring but a necessary evil for a country like ours so papa said. He skids to a halt, looks me in the eye and I nodded back. He turned and went to the left instead and I could hear yells and screams but couldn't see what was going on.

"They'll kill us." I gasped, "they'll go totally ape, we're toast."

At any other time I think he would have dropped kicked me all the way to the formal dinning hall, but to my surprise I felt his shoulders shaking and I realised he was laughing. Whether in panic or actual hilarity was, at that point, anyone's guess.

Few chapters i, Luke i am your father http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif Edited by Thor.

The man was a blur.

My crying turning into hiccups as my brother picked me up and began running. He wouldn't let me look through the windows and I realised we were heading to the council chambers.

"No!" I yelled. "The dinning halls. They'll already be there! Guests remember?"

A trade delegation with full ambassadorial support had turned up, totally boring but a necessary evil for a country like ours so papa said. He skids to a halt, looks me in the eye and I nodded back. He turned and went to the left instead and I could hear yells and screams but couldn't see what was going on.

"They'll kill us." I gasped, "they'll go totally ape, we're toast."

At any other time I think he would have dropped kicked me all the way to the formal dinning hall, but to my surprise I felt his shoulders shaking and I realised he was laughing. Whether in panic or actual hilarity was, at that point, anyone's guess.

While I was running with sis in my arms the amulet slipped out of my collar and touched my chest. I could see the oncoming duo fighting their way into the lower chambers, but I could still see the hallway in front of me. They were both causing me to lose focus. I wanted to stop turn and run away. I noticed as I tried to change course I could see through and around the edges of my vision. I was panicking as I ran, I began to giggle hysterically while tried to coordinate my moves so I did not run into anything. I tried to remember what I heard the battle mage telling the new recruits how to stay Breath quick in and short breath out when you thrust or parry. I

As I breathed to match my steps, In one two three, out, left right left. The vision started to thin, the images were still there as the great door began to open I could see through to the next room. The guards had spied us coming and readied for our arrival. I stepped over the threshold and leaned back until I was sliding on my bottom and my back touched the ground keeping Sis from banging against anything.

I could see them and they had taken the front door just as I saw the main doors for our arrival to the banquet room open., I yelled, "They're at the bottom of the stair's."

The guards slid the great bar across the door. Sir Howard gave the orders, "Get them all in the passageway. Get them safely away. We will stand and hold the door until they..."

As we went into the secret door through the fireplace wall an explosion cut off Sir Howards voice. The great stone mason secret door closed tight. I saw the vision in the dark so much clearer it gave me a fright. I pulled the amulet away from my skin. Mom saw me. "Where did you get that? Never mind. Come along! Father! Aaron! He has the eye of Newt!"

Dad halted. Waiting for us to get to the second cave secreted passage door. He took sis from me and gave sis to Mother. He looked at me, "Son touch it. I will carry you. Can you describe the attackers to me?"

"I'll do my best. I saw the one clearly before. He's slender tall and muscled. He has a white hood with somethings that look like stars on the cowls fringe. He has brown hair and a tiny bit of a beard in the middle of his chin. He's smiling. He has two gold teeth. His nose is like the upper beak of a parrot. His chin sticks out like a crescent moon. His eyes are yellow."

Dad set me in the small boat. He pulled on the string, so the amulet came away from my chest. "Stop and rest."

He looked across the boat at Mom. "It's Coandor."

The oars made lapping sounds in the water as the craft slid along on the water. Dad held me close and I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Hmm if ya want this to continue it would be a great read (: so far it has promise eh..

You should give it a fancy title. but keep it close to the actually story. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

You should promote this rp in the rp section of the forum.

Edited by Thor.

While I was running with sis in my arms the amulet slipped out of my collar and touched my chest. I could see the oncoming duo fighting their way into the lower chambers, but I could still see the hallway in front of me. They were both causing me to lose focus. I wanted to stop turn and run away. I noticed as I tried to change course I could see through and around the edges of my vision. I was panicking as I ran, I began to giggle hysterically while tried to coordinate my moves so I did not run into anything. I tried to remember what I heard the battle mage telling the new recruits how to stay Breath quick in and short breath out when you thrust or parry. I

As I breathed to match my steps, In one two three, out, left right left. The vision started to thin, the images were still there as the great door began to open I could see through to the next room. The guards had spied us coming and readied for our arrival. I stepped over the threshold and leaned back until I was sliding on my bottom and my back touched the ground keeping Sis from banging against anything.

I could see them and they had taken the front door just as I saw the main doors for our arrival to the banquet room open., I yelled, "They're at the bottom of the stair's."

The guards slid the great bar across the door. Sir Howard gave the orders, "Get them all in the passageway. Get them safely away. We will stand and hold the door until they..."

As we went into the secret door through the fireplace wall an explosion cut off Sir Howards voice. The great stone mason secret door closed tight. I saw the vision in the dark so much clearer it gave me a fright. I pulled the amulet away from my skin. Mom saw me. "Where did you get that? Never mind. Come along! Father! Aaron! He has the eye of Newt!"

Dad halted. Waiting for us to get to the second cave secreted passage door. He took sis from me and gave sis to Mother. He looked at me, "Son touch it. I will carry you. Can you describe the attackers to me?"

"I'll do my best. I saw the one clearly before. He's slender tall and muscled. He has a white hood with somethings that look like stars on the cowls fringe. He has brown hair and a tiny bit of a beard in the middle of his chin. He's smiling. He has two gold teeth. His nose is like the upper beak of a parrot. His chin sticks out like a crescent moon. His eyes are yellow."

Dad set me in the small boat. He pulled on the string, so the amulet came away from my chest. "Stop and rest."

He looked across the boat at Mom. "It's Coandor."

The oars made lapping sounds in the water as the craft slid along on the water. Dad held me close and I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"oh heck, oh heck, oh heck." my mantra repeated over and over and over as my brother went through the doors sliding, hitting the floor, sheltering me from the marble with an "Ooof" that I felt as well as heard.

Mama, Papa, the secret door opening, a loud "BANG" and then the "Whoooooosh" of the door closing. Papa handing me to Mama, Papa picking up my brother. Their voices low and urgent as we hurried through the tunnels, twisting this way and that. I couldn't keep up and closed my eyes feeling dizzy and sick. Mama saying "Its ok Midgit, its ok, nearly there sweetling, nearly there." Her mantra, I don't know.

Fresh air, the smell of water, the slapping of water on wood. Hands helping us into the boat. Papa saying a name that meant nothing to me, holding my brother so tightly against him, as tight as Mama held me.

"Sleep, darling." said Mama "We're safe for now."

I didn't want to, wanted to stay awake to watch over my brother, watch where we were going, but my eyes became heavy and the last thing I saw was a ship looming out of the mist. My parent's ship, our home on the water.....