The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Guys guess what!

I thought I had fixed my sound, but now its entirely broken! :biggrin:

And my neck hurts for some inexplicable reason, like right at the top of it on the back.

Edited by K00L

As I was falling deeper into sleep I heard sis say, "Momma. Who is... Co Ca Coandeer?"

"Coandor dear." Father and I will tell you both all about him as soon as we set sail.

Father looked over at sis, "Good thing we have that amulet. We can see him and we will always be able to be one step away from him."

Mother looked up at father, "For now!"

ย 

Rocking, gentle rocking. Arms around me and I'm snuggled up to someone. I moved as gently as I could not wanting to wake my brother. He'd seen more than me, used more of himself than me, he needed time to recharge himself. He'd not only saved me, he'd saved Momma, Papa, some of our people. He was tired and needed to sleep.

ย 

I tried to slip from under his arm but he held on tighter. I looked up to see him looking at me. He winked and I elbowed him back.

ย 

"I thought you were asleep." I said.

ย 

"You know what I thought did." he replied.

ย 

"I hate you." I seethed.

ย 

" I know." he smiled.

ย 

I couldn't help it I started giggling and he joined in. Now I think it was more than likely shock that had us laughing like loons, then, we needed to just do something normal to prove we were still alive.

ย 

The sea was jiggling and lapping at the sides of the ship as calm as it could be as we jiggled and laughed. The wind was good filling the sails giving her full speed across the water.

ย 

ย 

Father tried to put on a serious face and burst out into laughter again and again. Mother was so tickled pink by all the excitement she couldn't hold her yarn needles steady and dropped back in her lap. Down in the galley though the cook was a bit more serious about getting the stores out and ready for the dawn. He could hear about as much as everyone else on board. The second mate was going over the list of things with the cook. "What may be the reason old Coandor is so sour, do ya kno!"

The cook being a man who specialized in gossip looked up at him in the eyes from his bowed head, "Aye! The Coander was a happy young man. He was liked by the whole lands maids and merry men when he was a lad. He dabbled in love secret's and sought out potions to help people. He was expected to be quit the romancing rogue when he became a man. But...He met Ella before the others had a chance to bait their the best clothes with scents to trap a mans attention. A real cooks nightmare she was."

The Second mate peered back, at the cook, "She was?!"

"Yeah she was! She always wanted the meal so, so. Oh! And if a bit too much spice was added to her recipe she blow her top. She could cook too. She looked good to the eye and for some reason she lost her hold when a fool pup of a magic man bumped into her. I mean she was boiling mad at first because the soup she worked so hard to make so's us young chef's could taste a miracle. Well, she barely burned a hole the the granite walls before their eyes met. Woo! It was such a beginning affair. He barely got his hat off before she began batting her eyelids. Believe me when I tell you everyone who could she her face wanted to be him."

The second mate looked out the side port window, "Dark clouds there in the distance. We're safe though."

The cook frowned at being interrupted, although the news was good he felt a bit annoyed. Wrinkled his apron with his hands.

The second mate looked at the cooks face and swallowed, "What happened then?"

Having his full attention again turned to the gorgeous Ella the cook forgot his peeving, "She and he got married. He made magic she loved and he made food we all wished we could share with him. It was awful though how their carrying on made us merry. I could have turned down another dozen proposals merry ship captain's daughters. They loved my cooking so." His eyes glazed over a bit, "Now where was I?"

The second mate looked at him, "That Ella and Coandor were married. And magic was abundant in the air. Marriage."

The cooks eyes looked keen and sharp again through his puffed face and scraggly beard, "They lived for each other and they wanted to be able to stay by each other side. But Coandor had business he had to attend to. So they were beginning to feel the honeymoon blues when he came up with a brilliant bit of magic so they could always see each other."

The cook paused as his mind relived the past. A smile crossed his big face and he stared out of the portal at the Moon as it beam seemed to come in and greet him.

"I mean it was terrible idea that curse them both for it worked like this. He made them both an amulet when they touched the amulet they could see their love where ever they were. His was named The eye of Venus, and for her he made the amulet appropriately named the eye of Newt. Ah the days of bliss were never ending as she could get a glimpse of him and he her at the same time and it was as though they were right next to each other."

The second mate saw the glaze coming on the cookies eyes again, "So what happened?!"

The cookies snapped to and stammer, "The poor things! One day when they were apart and she went out to gather some fresh herbs her necklace slipped off. She did see where it happened. We all heard the commotion clear back at the castle. Rotten luck that. But she must have raved for an hour before all went silent. We looked for her for weeks, months. Coandor never lost hope because as long as he had his amulet it tied to hers. He knew the amulet was around where she had last been. Ten years went by an still no sign of her, no sign of foul play, and the Eye of Newt kept appearing to be somewhere near the castle. She was gone though. He wanted to find her so badly he wore his amulet on his neck next to his skin all the time. It was a horrible sight, kind of funny at first when he walked in walls and fell over stuff...But it got horribly bad as his temper flared and he searched in his private magic room for a way to bring her back."

The second mate quickly jutted his jaw forward, "Yeah! Yeah! Than what happened."<div><br></div><div>"Well!" The cookie looked out into the dark starry sky, "He found an old tome. It taught a spell which was like no other. He added the enchantment to the amulet to give it more power. Day after day his temper grew stronger for his failings. He literally beat himself with ostrich feathers to try and give him back some joy to his life. And than he found out that if he could bring the two amulets together he might learn what had happened to his fair Ella."

The second mate looked dumbfounded, "So why not just give the amulet to him so he can use it?!"

The cookie bowed his head, "It were too late for that. The powers he gave his own amulet drove him mad with greed and while it did the amulet, the one the boys got, seemed to add to his fevers for wealth and power instead of simple love. If he gets that amulet back, there's no telling the horrors that could follow. That boy has done us all a favor for having found it and hid it like he did."

A light flash came in through the portal. They both looked star board to see what it was in fear of it being a cannon shot. Lightning flashed again off in the distance.

The second mate looked at the cookie, "Good thing that far from us! And good night mate. I have got to rest a bit before my other duties call."

ย 

Up above them the wakes of laughter had subsided for the moment. Father looked at me, "Where did you find that amulet?"

"It was at the pond. I found it on a frog I had captured. Before it could wiggle lose it came off. When I touched it a light flashed brighter than the sun so I dropped it. I picked at the strand of string in the cat tales and tied it through the hole on top by pushing the string through it on the end of a reed." I looked at Dad to see if he believed me.

He looked at me, "Where did you keep it all this time?"

I gulped thinking I was about to find the other end of the stick, "I tucked into the straw under my bedding."

Father looked at me, looked at Mom, looked at sis, "That explains why he was always burning down barns and casting magic search spells in straw where ever he was seen."

Mom looked up, "Oh my God! It must have drove him over the brink when you were tossing around over the top on the bed thrashing around in your dreams."

Laughter drown out the distant thunder, as lightning ripped out across the sky. The winds grew stronger stirring the water to waves higher thrusting the ship forward even faster.

ย 

The cookie looked at the second mates back as he was leaving, "Oh! There is one other thing I forgot to mention."

"What's that?!" The second mates head turned around to look over his shoulder, "What's that?"

The cookie looked down at his apron and wrong the canvas in his hands, "Our Queen is his sister."</div>

ย 

The cookie looked at the second mates back as he was leaving, "Oh! There is one other thing I forgot to mention."

ย 

"What's that?!" The second mates head turned around to look over his shoulder, "What's that?"

The cookie looked down at his apron and wrong the canvas in his hands, "Our Queen is his sister."

ย 

ย 

Thunder and lightning has never frightened me before, but being on a ship, well that's totally different. There's no feeling of solidity, the rocking, the tossing and the motion all add to the feeling of weightlessness and it isn't a pleasant feeling. Not. At. All.

ย 

From laughter and light heartedness, I went quite. I had heard my Momma and Papa ask my brother about the amulet and listened to his replies, but I knew also that something was wrong. There was something missing from all this. My new abilities, my brother's all this meant something, but what. I looked at my brother and he looked straight back at me as if knowing what I was thinking. He shook his head slightly and I looked away. We would have to talk to Momma and Papa eventually, and I think he knew it. but with the weather turning for the worse I suppose now was not the time.

ย 

Papa held out his arms and I went to him. Although ten years old I still needed the hugs from Momma and Papa. My brother's fourteen and taller than me by six inches or more. We share the same colouring in hair, eyes and skin and we have similar temperaments, unless he's teasing me and then I lose it and my temper is something that reminds Papa of Momma (they laugh at that and I don't really understand why as I usually end up being grounded).

ย 

Momma and Papa didn't have magic though, they were skilled with weapons and I know Papa has had my brother training for the past 4 years with the knights stationed at the Castle. I was due to start training with a sword this year and was already pretty proficient with a bow. Now we had magic and I needed to know what this meant, where it came from and who would help us develop and learn to use it properly.

ย 

I saw Toller sitting by the window of the lounge watching the waves tossing this way and that. Toller was one of the Battlemages kept by our parents to assist in the protection of the family. Not only did they know how to use the usual type of weapons, they were also skilled in various forms of magic ranging from elemental to healing. He may be the one to talk to first.

ย 

He saw me looking at him and raised an eyebrow. I smiled and produced a coughing fit in the hope that he would realise something was amiss....

Welcome home TheCalliton, welcome Home. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif teh forums haven't been the same without you http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif Edited by Thor.