The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Have you ever felt like your life has no meaning or purpose? I feel like that every day and it's maddening.

Then you need to find a purpose, decide what it is you want, and go for it. Only you can do that. Others can support and nurture, but the rest is up to you

Have you ever felt like your life has no meaning or purpose? I feel like that every day and it's maddening.

Then you need to find a purpose, decide what it is you want, and go for it. Only you can do that. Others can support and nurture, but the rest is up to you

Finding purpose is like looking at a goat and yelling "TALK OR I'LL KILL YOU!" He doesn't understand because he's a goat. You can't make purpose out of apathy. Meaning and purpose have to come to you.

Nothing comes "to you" you have to find it. Apathy comes from lack of self esteem and confidence, the thinking that someone else should do for you, not you for them. Its a two way street. Give and take, one can't do all the taking it doesn't work that way :D

In my humble opinion there are millions upon millions of people out there who's life has no meaning or purpose whatsoever. Yet most of those people delude themselves into thinking that their lives do have some significance or purpose.

Much better to see the hard truth then live in a comfortable lie I say. Or, as Morpheus would say: Would you rather have the blue pill or the red pill?

Oh, and what Naomis said. Apathy = Death. Find a purpose. It certainly won't find you. Nothing comes without at least some form of struggle. "Strive, reach, take, and you shall not be taken."

[edited for time and formatted to fit your TV]

AHHHH but you are only partially wrong. In life there is balance. There is GIVE and TAKE. Those without purpose cannot simply will purpose into their lives, it has to be GIVEN to them. We are stationary until we are pushed, and once we are moving only another force can stop us. We are at the mercy of chaos and stasis. Yes low self esteem leads many to feel unworthy of TAKING anything for themselves, but you can't truly fix your own self esteem problems now, can you?

People don't change, circumstances around them change. Just ask any Alcoholic that hasn't been brainwashed.

Generally the people who say, "nothing comes to you" or "I wasn't given anything in my life" do not know the sheer bowel shaking, skull crushing weight of nothingness: enlightenment, true apathy, true lack of purpose, not the "this is one of my sad days :sad: " kind of existential worry, but the realization of looking inward and seeing only stark, blank emptiness. Being completely unable to take anything, having at some point given away everything that you had without noticing.

Ah but these are the ramblings of a madman and those of you that have life and hope, tonight is for you.