The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I'm going home in a few hours!

Vacation was, well, vacation-y. I actually don't like vacation all that much, I'm pretty introverted and I get exhausted easily when I'm in social situations.

Besides that, I miss my cat. :biggrin:

E:

You people are slooow today.

Anyways, see you all in 7 hours. :happy:

Edited by Iv000

I've never seen a community like the one here at the Nexus. It's great! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gifOh, and I win.

I know, I through out all the interwebs (just because its more fun to say than internet) I don't think I've ever been to a site with a community like this.

It's nice talking to so many different people isn't it? :biggrin: I would most go crazy without the internet. I'd have nobody to talk to otherwise.And I was in a similar situation as you are right now.Not too long ago I had this boyfriend. He was really nice, cared for other people (that's how I met him, he did something nice for me) etc. Well, after some time with him, it turned out that he was quite the *censored* (B word, damn you auto-censor). (Sometimes hateful, intolerant, manipulating etc) Time spent with him was stressful and time spent without him was anxious because I thought about 'what if's' and things like that.We broke it up and stayed just friends, because we function the best that way. I no longer feel stress or anxiety now, he was down but I think it's ok now. So what I want to say, if something really bothers you about someone then don't let it get to you. I know it is hard to get distant, hell I had to wait for him to break it up cause I just couldn't do it, breaking someone's heart would break my own a lot more. If it's really just annoying to look at, then try to get over it. If there's more to it, like in my situation, then get more distant, talk less, don't be extra kind to them. It may be difficult but do it, look up for advice on the internet if you have to. Your sanity will thank you.Also, you have this car? http://www.classiccar.com/images/carpict/00002677/Red-Plymouth-Duster-1973-2677norm.jpgIt is beautiful. Fix it up! I'd love to have such a beauty, but we don't have such pretties over here. Ok, first I should get my drivers license before talking about cars :biggrin:@naomisHope you'll get better soon. *hugs*Can't give any advice since I don't have any experience with teeth and infections.

Yes it is nice :P

And its probably something that can be ignored but, its something that if we ever started talking about we would get in a huuuuge argument and not be friends anyway. He's not like some people I know who try and force a religion on you (because if you don't you'll burn in hell. Yep I had a friend tell me that once, and what I said back was not very nice), but it seems like he could be getting that way.

And my car is a darker red, but yes that is the kind I have. There is a lot of work to be done on it, and it will cost a lot of money that I don't have right now. I need to change most of the interior, my dad decided he would... Create his own door panels and dashboard. The seats need to be adjusted too, they are literally on the floor and lean really far back (they are racing seats and aren't adjustable to my knowledge). I know I have to get the front end aligned and finish up some wiring, but there is probably more I wasn't told.

My dad made me write a five page paper on Plymouth once. It was my parent's new grounding system. You can't do anything, no friends no electronics no fun, and when it came time to end the grounding you had to type a paper. My brothers never ever get in trouble, but I swear my parents grounded me every time I did something wrong. Both of my brothers have made holes in the walls when they were fighting, and didn't get grounded, well they were told they were grounded but got ungrounded within the day. I've been grounded for two months before, I wasn't allowed to drive, have my phone, or do anything related to electronics like TV or my computer. Basically I was cut off from friends, outside of school, for two months and left with nothing else to do. Actually the majority of time was spent playing basketball on a decaying wooden goal. And the hoop was crooked.

The Duster was one of the last good muscle cars the Americans made during the 1970s, that they managed to do it post 1971 is nothing short of remarkable: in 1971 the Muskie act turned muscle cars from high performance monsters into obese, slobbish lumps of useless iron. The Duster was probably one of the last truly fast/effective cars produced in American tradition before the era ended circa 1973.

During the late 60s and early '70s the American auto makers producesd a run a "muscle cars" cheap compacts with massive engines that were huge on power and short on brakes; with engines rivaling a large truck for size, their environmental impact was atrocious and in 1971, the Muskie Act was introduced to combat this. Unfortunately for the American auto industry, this made the sort of huge, simplistic V-8 Muscle cars relied on very ineffective, spelling the end of the era almost instantly. The following oil crisis killed off the entire breed-it's taken until the late noughties for the Muscle Car to again return to production, as only the Corvette stayed true to it's past all these years, and it's not a true muscle car.

The specific problem the Muskie Act posed was that the engines before it were very crude-hugely powerful, but very crude. They relied on shovelling as much fuel as possible into an engine and burning it, without any heed to emissions or econsumption, and relied on sheer size to generate power. With the Muskie Act reducing the power that could be derived from current fuels, and restrictions on emissions and various other factors, the ultra-simple "big block" V8 suddenly became impotent, as it could no longer produce enough power to make up for it's collosal weight. All the while, Japanese and European cars that had long made use of compact four/six cylender engines suffered far less restriction, and their strengths of light weight and high tech proved ideal for this new era.

Muscle cars tended to weigh in excess of 2 tons, while their Euro/Japan rivals could be as light as 850 kilos(0.8 tons) and by the late '70s had comparable power from their high tech four and six cylender engines to a large post-muskie V-8. By the end of the 1970s, the muscle car simply no longer existed-there were performance-slanted American cars with V-8 engines, but their performance was so limited by their weight and low power, that they could not hope to compete with their newer, more nimble rivals.

During the 1980s, this was further compounded by a sudden revolution in japanese and subsequently european car design; the use of a Turbocharger to draw massive power from a tiny engine. With a four cyelnder suddenly being able to produce 260 BHP compared to a Pontiac V8's 190, for aproximately a third the Pontiac engine's weight, there was no coming back, and what few american V-8 coupes and muscle cars either went out of production forever, or changed into something else.

http://en.wikipedia....vendredis_%2711).JPG

A Plymouth Barracuda, one of the last great Muscle Cars of the early era.

http://en.wikipedia....83_facelift.jpg

Both lighter, more powerful, and often cheaper, post-muskie Muscle cars had no chance against Japanese imports.

http://en.wikipedia....g_GT500--DC.jpg

In the last 2-3 years the three remaining US auto brands have all launched new muscle cars, with the Mustang and Camaro SS all having now resumed production, and the Barracuda MKII is due in 2014

the Skyline 83 coupe was a beast back then, with nearly 300HP. Its in gran turismo 5 by the way and i painted it Silver Chrome for kicks http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

Edited by Thor.